Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yankees Acquire Didi Gregorius In 3 Team Trade

Yankees, D-backs, and Tigers complete 3 team trade:

Yankees To Acquire Didi Gregorius In Three-Team Deal With D-Backs, Tigers – MLB Trade Rumors
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

AHHHH...Dang it! I know Didi's bat didn't produce like it should have, but he showed glimpses of skill in the field. We have several options at SS, and a lack of pitching, so hopefully Robbie Ray (who?) helps out in the long run.

(Didi cards I had listed here have been sold )
    Last edited by azdbacks1998; 12-06-2014, 01:22 AM. Reason: removed pictures cause they sold.
    Currently looking for:
    Football: The Gronk!
    Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
    Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
    + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
    Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
    http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

Robbie Ray was the key piece in the Doug Fister Trade with the Nationals. Not sure why the Tigers gave up so quickly on him, but he was a highly touted prospect.
      Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
      Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
      Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

I don't hate it.
        I was kind of cringing every time they talked about getting a big name for shortstop.
        I kind of like the fact that they went with the more underrated route.
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/victornegron/albums

Comment

I guess Tulo isn't going to NY.
          http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Hopefully the trade works out for all of us.
            Currently looking for:
            Football: The Gronk!
            Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
            Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
            + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
            Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
            http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

New York Yankees acquire shortstop Didi Gregorius from Arizona Diamondbacks in three-team trade - ESPN New York

For the all-time trivia question of who was the man to replace Derek Jeter as the New York Yankees' shortstop, the answer may very well be 24-year-old Didi Gregorius.

The Yankees on Friday announced that they have acquired Gregorius from the Diamondbacks in a three-team trade that also involves the Tigers. Right-handed pitcher Shane Greene was traded from the Yankees to Detroit, while Arizona received left-hander Robbie Ray and minor league infielder Domingo Leyba from the Tigers.

Gregorius hit .226 with six homers and 27 RBIs in 80 games with the Diamondbacks in 2014. Greene was 5-4 with a 3.78 ERA as a rookie last season.

Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said the left-handed-hitting Gregorius and the right-handed Brendan Ryan could initially platoon.

"He's a hitter who struggles against left-handed pitching," Cashman said of Gregorius. "We believe he hits right-handed pitching and so, at the very least, we expect him to be utilized in probably a split platoon with Brendan Ryan until he separates himself. The high-end projections are we think there is more in the tank as he develops."

Cashman said he doesn't look at it as Gregorius replacing Jeter.

"He was one in a billion, in terms of Derek Jeter," Cashman said. "He is not replacing Derek. He is just now going to come in here and compete to hold down that position at shortstop."

Gregorius, who is from the Netherlands, is known as a good defender, but there are questions if he will be able to hit consistently enough in the big leagues. In 191 games, he is a .243 career hitter.

Comment

Working...
              X