Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disputed call costs Galarraga perfection (AP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disputed call costs Galarraga perfection (AP)

Armando Galarraga of the Detroit Tigers lost his bid for a perfect game Wednesday night with two outs in the ninth inning on a disputed call at first base. Replays appeared to show Cleveland hitter Jason Donald was out. Tigers manager Jim Leyland immediately argued the call with first base umpire Jim Joyce, and was joined by several Detroit players who surrounded the ump after the Tigers beat the...

More...

Jim Joyce should be fired, he ruined history and he deserves whatever happens to him while he is in Detroit

Comment

What the heck kind of call was that? The MLB umpires are just as bad as the NBA referees sometimes. That was clearly an out and he was robbed of a perfect game. I hope MLB rescinds the call and declare it a perfect game.

Comment

Bull perfect game they have to give this to him this is not fair this is **** **** he has a perfect game and they need to give it
        Looking for Stephen Curry, Jonas Jerebko, Chad Jenkins, Lions Rookies, Tigers, Pistons
        sigpic

Comment

The worst blown call in Detroit history

Comment

deffinitly out
            Looking for Stephen Curry, Jonas Jerebko, Chad Jenkins, Lions Rookies, Tigers, Pistons
            sigpic

Comment

Major League Baseball will NOT do anything about this. You know MLB protects it's umpires.

The fans sitting in the cheap seats on the 3rd base side could have made that call.

....and it's classic how the Cleveland batter slaps his hands then holds his head and has a look of "what? I'm safe?"....lol....classic...
              Last edited by ranbethscards; 06-02-2010, 09:08 PM.
              Randy
              United States Air Force, Retired
              ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
              balance of life, an individual diagnosed
              with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

Originally posted by ranbethscards View Post
                Major League Baseball will NOT do anything about this. You know MLB protects it's umpires.

The fans sitting in the cheap seats on the 3rd base side could have made that call.

....and it's classic how the Cleveland batter slaps his hands then holds his head and has a look of "what? I'm safe?"....lol....classic...
                but the ump has admitted multiple times he was wrong
                sigpic

Comment

As much as the call should be rescinded, the best MLB will do was say that he was out and it should have been a perfect game. But it wont be recorded as a perfect game in the record books.

Comment

If i was th pitcher i would look at it as it was a perfect game,in or out of the record books,but im alos a type of person that doesnt care what others,other then my friend and family thinks. This pitcher will have the support of fans of any team. I support and and wish i could meet him in person to congrat him on a perfect game,i saw it was perfect,he knows it perfect. thats all that matters is what he knows and not what isnt in the record books.

but it was prolly the worse call i have ever seen. LOL!!
                    Click My Banner To See My Bucket
                    Click My Banner To See My Bucket

Comment

By their rulebook, MLB can't rescind a judgment call. It'll go down in the books as a one-hitter.

That being said, it was the worst call I've ever seen in my life, even as an Indians fan.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                      Johnson/Mears/
                      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

....and don't ya just love the umpires interview after he watched the replay? I lost count on how many times they had to "beep" his words.

If that was a player, he would be fined and benched for a couple games.

His "oops...I'm sorry" just doesn't cut it.

And my hats off to Galarraga for just smiling and giving a chuckle to the umpire when he made the safe call.

If it had been Verlander or Zumya, they would have taken the guys head off!
                        Randy
                        United States Air Force, Retired
                        ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
                        balance of life, an individual diagnosed
                        with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

Reports today say that Bud Selig has the power to overturn the decision, but doing so may open more roads that MLB doesnt want to go to. Lets just say this is the same person that once called for a tie game at an All Star Game.

Comment

Working...
                          X