Report: Chris Paul Has Demanded Trade To Knicks, Magic, Lakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Chris Paul Has Demanded Trade To Knicks, Magic, Lakers

Per story from via CBS Sports, according to a source with knowledge of his plan, Chris Paul has requested that the Hornets trade him to the Knicks, Magic or Lakers before the season begins.

"He wants out," the source told Ken Berger of CBS Sports. "He wants to play with another superstar. He wants to follow LeBron's model of teaming up with other great players."

NBA sources say that members of Paul's camp told them recently, "He's not going to start the season in New Orleans."

The Hornets will try to persuade Paul to remain based on the team's new direction.

"Paul won't go public with his trade request -- if he did, he'd be subject to a fine under NBA rules -- but those with knowledge of his plans believe his desire to pair up with another superstar (or two) has gained too much momentum to stop," writes Berger.

The Knicks are preparing to make an attractive offer to acquire a superstar talent via trade.

"According to sources familiar with the Knicks' strategy," writes Berger, "part of the reason for orchestrating the sign-and-trade for David Lee -- which yielded young talents Anthony Randolph and Kelenna Azubuike from Golden State -- was to stock the roster with attractive assets that could be used to acquire such marquee players if the opportunities presented themselves."

i knew this was coming.the hornets are and always been a mess.they can't keep star players.

Comment

I know this would never happen for the Lakers, but Im sure the Hornets would want Bynum in any deal for Paul. They probably want to get rid of Okafor's contract too. These are some possible trade scenarios that I can think of.

Lakers Trade Bynum, Sasha (expiring contract), Walton (retiring so contract is off books and wont affect cap as long as he doesnt come back), Ebanks, Caracter, and possibly a future 1st Round Pick to Hornets for Paul and Okafor.

Magic Trade Jameer, Bass, Gortat, and possibly a future 1st Round Pick to Hornets for Paul and filler.

Knicks Trade Curry (expiring contract), Felton (I think they have to wait 60 days to trade him), Chandler, Randolph, Douglas, and possibly a future 1st Round Pick to Hornets for Paul and Okafor.

Comment

Send him to LA please!

Comment

Paul to LA! Let's go!
          "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Working...
          X