New Orleans Hornets Fire Byron Scott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Orleans Hornets Fire Byron Scott

The New Orleans Hornets have fired Head Coach Byron Scott and replaced him with General Manager Jeff Bower. Tim Floyd was named Assistant Coach.

The Hornets had a 3-6 record to start the season. If Phil Jackson retires after this season, hopefully this move will mean the Lakers will have found their new head coach.

I don't think it's his fault right now. They are trying to mesh w/ Okafor. I was kind of shocked in a way
    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Yeah just like when Jason Kidd got him fired when he coached the Nets to back to back Finals, this wasnt his fault. Especially since Chris Paul and David West supposedly supported Scott. The owner becomes cheap and gets rid of Bonzi Wells, Jannero Pargo, Rasual Butler, etc. Oh well, he can come back home to the Lakers now.

Comment

Major BS, not gonna find anyone more suitable than Byron for the Hornets...

Comment

I don't understand this at all. They're 3-6!!! That's not an insurmountable hole at all! It's especially jaw-dropping, seeing how perfect a fit that Scott was with the hornets.
          "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

And its funny that coaches like Mike Dunleavy and Don Nelson still have their jobs.

Comment

Working...
            X