Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the Celtics win again with the Big 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the Celtics win again with the Big 3?

So, I was contemplating this and just curious what other people thought?

Please don't bash the Celtics. I know a lot hate them, but let's be real and keep it on topic.

Can the Celtics realistically win another championship with the Big 3 (and Rondo)?

And did I hear they were possibly considering Greg Oden? Is that good for them?

Me, I don't think they can. I think they need to do a replan on this.

Love to hear what others 'realistically' think. Again, please no Celtics bashing. I guess you can, but you will get no response from me on it. Just want to know what people truly think.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
    Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
    Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
    MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
    NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
    NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
    NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
    I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Nope I think Celtics are done. They messed up big time by trading Perkins away. Danny Ainge is an idiot for suggesting that Pierce or Allen may be benched for Jeff Green. The team needs a Center and both O'Neals are not going to cut it.

Comment

Agree with Kerwin, trading Perkins hurt them badly, and they are aging a ton

Comment

Celts need some new blood, and I agree with everyone saying that getting rid of Perk was a no-no
        "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

I agree with what everybody said that getting rid of Perkins was a mistake and taking Oden is a big risk. We know Shaq is retiring and Jermaine O'Neal needs to retire. Dwight Howard would be a great addition.
          I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Yeah guys, this was my train of thought as well. I hated the Perk trade. A young big guy was a necessity with this team. The guys they got killed the team. I think the chemisty with Perk was huge also. The other guys came out and said that they didn't like the move, and that right there told me that it might have been over. Anyone else? Again, please no bashing, I know everyone hates the Celts, but just more curious in realistic thoughts on this!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
            MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
            NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
            NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
            I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

There was talks of having Pierce come off the bench next year...
              not sure I agree with that, BUT if that is the plan.. they need to do some serious retooling

Comment

I think they need to some serious retooling anyway.

Comment

i think pierce coming off the bench is a good idea. the reason is like at jason terry, he plays still about 30 minutes a game and gives a huge lift. green isnt all that bad and he will give speed to help rondo out on the fastbreaks. no i am not a celtics fan cant stand them but i am a suns fan and still really hate them with the robey for dennis johnson deal
                  http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

I think with Jeff Greene having a whole off season under his belt they still will be up for a top seed in the playoffs. He will give him thet fourth scorer. They now have money to sign a guy just as equal to Perkins. However winning the title with the heat in the east.. The knicks possibly signing another max FA within the next 2 years will obviously make it difficult. If the heat were not around I would say yes

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

I do like the idea of Pierce coming off the bench and Green stepping into his starting shoes. They do need a big man in the middle. I am a Celtics fan and have been since the Bill Russell era and Hondo era, I know I telling my age but I am not crazy yet.
                      I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

As a celts fan, I think that the celtics need to re-vamp their whole team. They are getting way too old and I don't think that next year they will be able to compete with these younger and more athletic teams. This offseason I think that they need to get some young, talented players to help spark them up. I always think that they are eligiable for a Title, they just need to smooth out a few wrinkles.
                        Here is who/what I collect:

Basketball:Carmelo Anthony & Jared Dudley And ANY CURRENT CELTICS!
                        Baseball: Current Yankees. Football: Earl Thomas & Torrey Smith

BUCKET: http://s870.photobucket.com/albums/ab270/stephj32/

Comment

Working...
                        X