Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rockets get Flynn from Wolves for Miller (AP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockets get Flynn from Wolves for Miller (AP)

The Houston Rockets acquired point guard Jonny Flynn and Lithuanian big man Donatas Motiejunas in a trade with Minnesota during Thursday night's NBA draft and sent center Brad Miller and the 23rd pick to the Timberwolves. Houston used its first-round pick, No. 14 overall, on Kansas forward Marcus Morris and its second-rounder, No.

More...

Got a closer look at this whole trade. This one is hilarious. Way to go David Kahn. You make Isiah Thomas look like a genius.

Wolves trade former #6 pick Flynn and #20 pick Motiejunas to Rockets for 35 year old Brad Miller, #23 pick Mirotic, #38 pick Parsons, and a future first round pick.

Wolves then trade #23 pick Mirotic to Bulls for #28 pick Cole and #43 pick Lee.

Wolves then sell #38 pick Parsons back to Rockets.

Wolves then trade #28 pick Cole to Heat for #31 pick Bogdanovic, a future second round pick and cash.

Wolves then trade #31 pick Bogdanovic to Nets for a future second round pick and cash.

Uh???

Ok so end result this is, Wolves traded former #6 pick Flynn and the #20 pick for a 35 year old center, the #43 pick, a future first round pick, two future second round picks, and cash

I have never seen a team trade a former high lottery pick and mid first round pick for a player that is going to retire and a mid second round pick.

Comment

GREAT MOVE...(in a weak draft) for the Rockets

unload the aging Brad Miller contract.. get a young Flynn and a Young Big Man

Comment

Johnny Flynn only looked good in this uni

however at least it will be nice to see him on an "ok" team

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

So they passed on Curry & Jennings for Flynn eh?

Comment

Flynn is trade bait...it ain't done yet!

Comment

Yea.... I'm not SOLD on Flynn... but the Rockets had a pretty decent draft....

they have a LOOOOONG way to go

Comment

Originally posted by ac-n-mike View Post
                Yea.... I'm not SOLD on Flynn... but the Rockets had a pretty decent draft....

they have a LOOOOONG way to go
                Thats no lie....need a legit center in the worst way..word on the street is they are going to go after (sha)nene...still not impressed

Comment

maybe trade flynn to my Knicks. He was always awesome in the garden for the cuse

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

The issue isn't the trade, which they had to do and they did good by getting back solid piece because htey have wrecked Flynn's stock, it was taking Flynn and Rubio in the first place. It was poorly thought of at the time.
                    Working on 2007 SPx Baseball Rookies Sub Set

Needs
                    104,105,106,107,110,111,117,118,119,120,122,124,12 5,127,128,129,131,132,133,134,135,137,139,140,143, 145,146

Comment

they really wanted to move him i guess. id still take lawson over any of the PG's they drafted that year. Rubio will bust
                      Trade me you UNC stuff http://s1038.photobucket.com/home/NC_Phlash/allalbums

Comment

i agree with the lawson statement.
                        Looking for JOSH FREEMAN . UFC, Buccaneers, Lakers, and Yankees autos.

Comment

i probley am saying that since im a unc fan though
                          Trade me you UNC stuff http://s1038.photobucket.com/home/NC_Phlash/allalbums

Comment

Working...
                          X