Crazy How These Cards Are Worth So Much Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy How These Cards Are Worth So Much Now

This is probably my favorite insert card set in my Basketball PC. There are 20 cards in the 98-99 E-X Century Dunk N Go Nuts Set. Figures the only one I need is Robert Traylor and that card is worth $3. I still cant find that one and when I do, it sells for over $20.

The MJ is now worth $250 and the Kobe $80. 1 year ago the MJ was worth $60 and the Kobe $20. Thank goodness I got majority of these cards 6 years ago when they were not worth that much.

Check out how much the Complete Set Graded PSA 10 is going for on EBAY with the Buy It Now.

I have seen a lot of these cards where the acetate part is yellowish brownish instead of clear. You can see a few of those in the auction below. How do they grade a card PSA 10 if the card's coloring is all messed up? Luckily all the cards in my collection are all clear.

1998-99 Skybox E-X Dunk N Go Nuts Complete Graded Set | eBay

Maybe the card become discolored after the card was graded. It's a beautiful set. It's a shame that I didn't pick up the older Jordan's I needed back when they were still cheap, now most of his rare inserts are in the 200's - 300's so it's impossible to grab one now.

Collecting Chicago Bulls, HOF/90's Stars Autographs, 07-08 Stadium Club Super Team #/50
    Click here for Bucket

Comment

My favorite insert set of all-time...I'd love to build the set, but can't ever find any.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
      Johnson/Mears/
      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Looks like I really missed the boat on this one. Awesome insert set, and it's already out of reach lol.
        "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Holy smokes... didn't realize these were in such high demand. I have a few of these... but of course no Jordan or Kobe.

Kerwin... if I come across a Traylor in my PC, it's yours.
          Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Thanks buddy!

Comment

The latest January 2012 Beckett Basketball Magazine has this whole set skyrocketing in price and going up again.

I am still missing the Robert Traylor. I found one on EBAY a month ago and stupidly only bidded $4 on it. It went for $4.25. LOL! Figures I should have stayed home until the auction ended or I should have just bidded $10 on it before I left.

The complete set went up from $350 to $500. Each common card went up from $3 to $10. The Jordan is up to $300. The Kobe is up to $100. The Carter is up to $60.

I need that Traylor card to complete my set!!!!! I cant believe out of all players in this set, it is the Traylor that is the hardest one to find. LOL!

Comment

I didn't realize that they were so popular.
                Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

All the 90s insert sets are just crazy on fire right now...I have picked up a few Jordans..but am kicking myself on some I sold too early..

Comment

Love this set

Are you familiar with CheckOutMyCards.com? There is a Traylor for sale on there.

Greg's Sports Cards

Looking to trade for/buy:

Patrick Ewing cards (950/1600+)

Always looking for Syracuse related cards as well

Comment

Yeah I checked checkoutmycards last night after I posted this. I am working on getting that card. It will be mine. LOL!

Thanks for looking out for me!

Comment

No problem - good luck!

Greg's Sports Cards

Looking to trade for/buy:

Patrick Ewing cards (950/1600+)

Always looking for Syracuse related cards as well

Comment

Thanks to gladdy, I have that card incoming now. My only hope is that it doesnt come in smelling like smoke.

Comment

I want to again thank Gladdy for getting me the Robert Traylor Dunk N Go Nuts card from COMC for me. It cost $8 and I got it in the mail today and this set is finally complete. I will try to scan some of my Non-Lakers Basketball Personal Collection starting tomorrow including this set and posting them for everyone to see. Figures that I cant find this card for years on EBAY without it going for $20. After Gladdy got the card for me, 4 of them pop up on EBAY and go for $4 each. Figures. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post
                              I want to again thank Gladdy for getting me the Robert Traylor Dunk N Go Nuts card from COMC for me. It cost $8 and I got it in the mail today and this set is finally complete. I will try to scan some of my Non-Lakers Basketball Personal Collection starting tomorrow including this set and posting them for everyone to see. Figures that I cant find this card for years on EBAY without it going for $20. After Gladdy got the card for me, 4 of them pop up on EBAY and go for $4 each. Figures. LOL!
                              I hate it when that happens!! But congrats on completing the set!

Collecting Chicago Bulls, HOF/90's Stars Autographs, 07-08 Stadium Club Super Team #/50
                              Click here for Bucket

Comment

Working...
                              X