X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whalechaser
    replied
    Originally posted by key2win View Post
    I want to again thank Gladdy for getting me the Robert Traylor Dunk N Go Nuts card from COMC for me. It cost $8 and I got it in the mail today and this set is finally complete. I will try to scan some of my Non-Lakers Basketball Personal Collection starting tomorrow including this set and posting them for everyone to see. Figures that I cant find this card for years on EBAY without it going for $20. After Gladdy got the card for me, 4 of them pop up on EBAY and go for $4 each. Figures. LOL!
    I hate it when that happens!! But congrats on completing the set!

Leave a comment:

• key2win
    replied
    I want to again thank Gladdy for getting me the Robert Traylor Dunk N Go Nuts card from COMC for me. It cost $8 and I got it in the mail today and this set is finally complete. I will try to scan some of my Non-Lakers Basketball Personal Collection starting tomorrow including this set and posting them for everyone to see. Figures that I cant find this card for years on EBAY without it going for $20. After Gladdy got the card for me, 4 of them pop up on EBAY and go for $4 each. Figures. LOL!

Leave a comment:

• key2win
    replied
    Thanks to gladdy, I have that card incoming now. My only hope is that it doesnt come in smelling like smoke.

Leave a comment:

• mrknicks
    replied
    No problem - good luck!

Leave a comment:

• key2win
    replied
    Yeah I checked checkoutmycards last night after I posted this. I am working on getting that card. It will be mine. LOL!

Thanks for looking out for me!

Leave a comment:

• mrknicks
    replied
    Love this set

Are you familiar with CheckOutMyCards.com? There is a Traylor for sale on there.

Leave a comment:

• arod1973
    replied
    All the 90s insert sets are just crazy on fire right now...I have picked up a few Jordans..but am kicking myself on some I sold too early..

Leave a comment:

• whitney777
    replied
    I didn't realize that they were so popular.

Leave a comment:

• key2win
    replied
    The latest January 2012 Beckett Basketball Magazine has this whole set skyrocketing in price and going up again.

I am still missing the Robert Traylor. I found one on EBAY a month ago and stupidly only bidded $4 on it. It went for $4.25. LOL! Figures I should have stayed home until the auction ended or I should have just bidded $10 on it before I left.

The complete set went up from $350 to $500. Each common card went up from $3 to $10. The Jordan is up to $300. The Kobe is up to $100. The Carter is up to $60.

I need that Traylor card to complete my set!!!!! I cant believe out of all players in this set, it is the Traylor that is the hardest one to find. LOL!

Leave a comment:

• key2win
    replied
    Thanks buddy!

Leave a comment:

• sanjosefuji
    replied
    Holy smokes... didn't realize these were in such high demand. I have a few of these... but of course no Jordan or Kobe.

Kerwin... if I come across a Traylor in my PC, it's yours.

Leave a comment:

• B.I.G.Poppa
    replied
    Looks like I really missed the boat on this one. Awesome insert set, and it's already out of reach lol.

Leave a comment:

• jsab4807
    replied
    My favorite insert set of all-time...I'd love to build the set, but can't ever find any.

Leave a comment:

• whalechaser
    replied
    Maybe the card become discolored after the card was graded. It's a beautiful set. It's a shame that I didn't pick up the older Jordan's I needed back when they were still cheap, now most of his rare inserts are in the 200's - 300's so it's impossible to grab one now.

Leave a comment:

• key2win
    started a topic Crazy How These Cards Are Worth So Much Now

Crazy How These Cards Are Worth So Much Now

This is probably my favorite insert card set in my Basketball PC. There are 20 cards in the 98-99 E-X Century Dunk N Go Nuts Set. Figures the only one I need is Robert Traylor and that card is worth $3. I still cant find that one and when I do, it sells for over $20.

The MJ is now worth $250 and the Kobe $80. 1 year ago the MJ was worth $60 and the Kobe $20. Thank goodness I got majority of these cards 6 years ago when they were not worth that much.

Check out how much the Complete Set Graded PSA 10 is going for on EBAY with the Buy It Now.

I have seen a lot of these cards where the acetate part is yellowish brownish instead of clear. You can see a few of those in the auction below. How do they grade a card PSA 10 if the card's coloring is all messed up? Luckily all the cards in my collection are all clear.

1998-99 Skybox E-X Dunk N Go Nuts Complete Graded Set | eBay
Working...
X