Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knicks Waive Chauncey Billups - Claimed By Clippers

Billups warns teams not to claim him off waivers - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

As Chauncey Billups prepares to have his name entered into the NBA’s amnesty waiver wire, he has a message for teams considering putting in a bid to secure him for the rest of the season: You’ll regret it.

He wants the freedom of free agency to choose a contender, Billups says. As one of the game’s great leaders, and gentlemen, Billups warns that player will be a distant memory should a team claim him off the amnesty waiver wire.

“I’ m tired of being the good guy,” Billups told Yahoo! Sports by phone on Saturday afternoon. “I’m tired of being viewed as the guy. After a while, you just kind of get taken advantage of in these situations. I’ve been known as a leader, and I am a leader, but a leader can be as disruptive as he can be productive, especially when you carry a strong voice and people rally around you. This is about me now. This is about me, and teams should know that right now.”
    ---
    Looks like Chauncey will end up on the Heat and chase another ring. That's to bad, he's my favorite player, but no way i'd root for him on the Heat. (LeBron would be a fan of his i'm sure though because Chauncey loves to take big shots)

What a crappy system they have in place? The players still dictate where they want to go. The amnesty waiver wire process is a joke then and pointless. Some crappy team should claim him just so he has to retire and not join the Heat. LOL! If he signs with the Heat, that would be crap.

Comment

Yet another reason why basketball has become a distant 3rd in order of my favorite sports to watch on tv. If I could find high school or college wrestling on tv, basketball would drop to 4th!
      Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
      Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
      Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

What a crappy attitude! Could you imagine owning a business and having an employee say he's going to do a crappy job, bring the other employees down with his negativity and you're going to pay him too? What a cancer Billups has become.

Comment

I dont fault him for the way he feels, but ultimately he is getting paid a LOT of money to play basketball. The NBA is a business and stuff like this unfortunately happens all the time.

Pau Gasol is one of my favorite players and I am sad to see him leave if the trade goes through, but he is being a professional and showed up to camp. Unlike Lamar Odom who is still complaining and moaning and didnt show up again to training camp today. He should follow Pau's example. You are being traded because your soon to be former team is getting the best point guard in the NBA.

Comment

Wow that is a terrible attitude definitely! I think though he's just really upset because he REALLY REALLY didn't want to leave Denver but got dragged there because of Carmelo forcing his way to New York. But he made the best of it and kept didn't complain too much and tried to be a good teammate. When he was finally with New York, he played about 30 games with them and got injured the first game of the playoffs. Afterwards I think he really wanted a chance to play with the Knicks again next season. Yes, he was old and on the decline, but I think he still felt that he has something left to give. Being amnesty, though, not only denies him that chance, but it's sort of an embarrassing thing to have done to you. Especially to someone who was the leader of a championship team before, it hurts the ego, and Billups has a pretty healthy sized ego.

So I kind of see where he is coming from, I think from his point of view he's being jerked around, so he's probably trying to stand up for himself and have some control over his future. People generally like to feel like they have control over their lives.

Collecting Chicago Bulls, HOF/90's Stars Autographs, 07-08 Stadium Club Super Team #/50
            Click here for Bucket

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post
              I dont fault him for the way he feels, but ultimately he is getting paid a LOT of money to play basketball. The NBA is a business and stuff like this unfortunately happens all the time.

Pau Gasol is one of my favorite players and I am sad to see him leave if the trade goes through, but he is being a professional and showed up to camp. Unlike Lamar Odom who is still complaining and moaning and didnt show up again to training camp today. He should follow Pau's example. You are being traded because your soon to be former team is getting the best point guard in the NBA.
              Lamar has always been sensitive. . .

Collecting Chicago Bulls, HOF/90's Stars Autographs, 07-08 Stadium Club Super Team #/50
              Click here for Bucket

Comment

I feel for Chauncey, he's been doing his good thing for a long while, and the Denver situation was really bad. Hope he lands where he wants to.
                "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Clippers claimed Chauncey Billups before the 6 PM deadline. At least now I dont have to worry about him going to the Heat. It would have been nice if he went to the Lakers, but its better than him going to the Heat.

Comment

I can still root for Billups now

Comment

Definitely good that Billups went to clippers and not the heat, looks like his threats didn't work :\

Click here for Bucket

Comment

Working...
                      X