Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lakers Sign Josh McRoberts, Gerald Green, & Troy Murphy

Lakers sign Green, lose Caracter to knee injury - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

Josh McRoberts has signed a two-year deal with the Lakers using their min mid-level exception. He will get a 2 year $5 million contract. The Lakers also signed Gerald Green for the veterans minimum.
    So this is the Lakers' grand plan for replacing Lamar Odom??? I dont mind McRoberts since he barely makes any money, has good potential, a lot of teams wanted him, and he is only 24 years old. Plus Memphis basically traded O.J. Mayo for him last trade deadline before they submitted the paperwork too late.

Lakers should have gotten Gerald Green 5 years ago. But he is 25 years old only. He can easily replace Shannon Brown with his dunking, 3 point shooting, wild shots, and no defense. LOL!

Decent signings for barely any money.

These are Odom's replacements? lol.
    "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Superstars!

Comment

Free-agent forward Troy Murphy agrees with Los Angeles Lakers - ESPN Los Angeles

I really like this signing. Even though Murphy's number were horrible last season, he was hurt when he was in New Jersey and never got a chance to play. On the Celtics he was like the 12th man on the team and barely saw any minutes.

He has put up solid numbers for his career sans last season. Most recently in Indiana as a starter in 08-09 he put up 14.6 ppg and 10.2 rpg. In 07-08 he put up 14.3 ppg and 11.8 rpg. He is also a very good 3 point shooter. Even though he is no Lamar Odom, signing Troy Murphy to go along with Josh McRoberts for a total of $4 million will help boost the Lakers second unit.

Free agent forward Troy Murphy has agreed to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers. Murphy will sign a one-year deal and is expected to be for the veteran's minimum, worth $1,352,181.

Comment

Lakers signing a bunch of scrubs this offseason!

Comment

Hey I have to be excited about something the Lakers do so I need to hype it up a little. LOL!

Unless they can get Dwight sometime next February/March, I dont see them adding anyone else. It looks like this is what their roster will be like next season. I think Gerald Green will end up getting cut, but Lakers may go with 15 players this season.

Starters
            Derek Fisher
            Kobe Bryant
            Matt Barnes
            Pau Gasol
            Andrew Bynum

Reserves
            Steve Blake
            Jason Kapono
            Metta World Peace/Ron Artest
            Troy Murphy
            Josh McRoberts

The Rest
            Darius Morris
            Gerald Green (May get cut)
            Devin Ebanks
            Luke Walton - Argh!!!
            Derrick Caracter

Comment

I like the Murphy signing. Underrated player.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
              Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
              Johnson/Mears/
              Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Working...
              X