NBA Weekly Surprises & Disappointments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Weekly Surprises & Disappointments

The first week of the 2011-12 NBA Season is almost over. Obviously with barely any training camp, some players are not in shape or are still getting adjusted to playing with new teammates. Here are a few things I have noticed so far in the first week. I really doubt any of these below will last for the full season, but then again you never know.

Most of these below are affecting my fantasy team. I wish now I didnt trade Diaw for Jameer. Plus I waived Ryan Anderson in 2 leagues.

Surprises

Spencer Hawes - After 3 games, is averaging 11.3 points, 12.7 rebounds, 2 blocks, and consistently playing over 30 minutes a game as the starting center.

Boris Diaw - Came into training camp weighing 300 lbs so he could play center, but after 3 games is averaging 11.7 points, 11 rebounds, and 7.7 assists.

Ryan Anderson - Is now the starting power forward for the Magic and getting 32 minutes per game. Averaging 19.5 points, 6.5 rebounds, and already has 16 threes made after 4 games.

Ty Lawson - Now with Raymond Felton gone, he is averaging 22.3 points after 3 games.

Carl Landry - Now that David West is in Indiana, Landry is the starting power forward and is averaging 17 points and 8.7 rebounds after 3 games.

Tyler Hansbrough - Backing up Hibbert and West from the bench, but is averaging a double double with 11.3 points and 11 rebounds after 3 games.

Brandon Bass - The only bright spot for the Celtics this week. Averaging 15.3 points and 5.8 rebounds coming off the bench.

Jarrett Jack - No Chris Paul means starting gig for Jack. He is averaging 16.5 points and 6.5 assists after 3 games.

Louis Williams - After 3 games, averaging 19.3 points per game while coming off the bench behind Jrue Holiday, Evan Turner, and Jodie Meeks.

Chuck Hayes - After deal was initially voided, is now the Kings starting power forward over J.J. Hickson and Jason Thompson. Averaging 10 rebounds after 3 games.

Metta World Peace - After having the worst preseason of any player I have ever seen, he seems to have got his game and defense back. His stats so far are better compared to last season: 11.5 points, 50 FG%, & 81.8 FT%

Troy Murphy - I know Andrew Bynum comes back in tonight's game, but in 4 games Murphy has played solid defense and is averaging 8.5 rebounds.

Indiana Pacers - Record now stands at 3-0. I am shocked.

Portland Trailblazers - Considering everything that happened with Oden and Roy, the are off to a great start.

Disappointments

Lamar Odom - After demanding a trade from the Lakers, in 4 games with Dallas he is averaging 4.2 points, 4.2 rebounds, 0.8 assists, 13.3 FG%, and played 11 minutes in his last game. If he was on the Lakers and were putting up numbers like this, the fans would call for him to be traded.

Vince Carter - Lost his starting spot after 1 game and is averaging 8.5 points and barely playing above 20 minutes per game.

Jameer Nelson - Didnt play in last night's game and is averaging 6.7 points after 3 games.

Tyson Chandler - He had a good game on Thursday against the Lakers, but he only had 9 total points and 6 total rebounds in his first 2 games combined.

Tim Duncan - Averaging 20 minutes, 8 points, 5 rebounds, and 0.7 blocks after 3 games.

Kendrick Perkins - Averaging 6.8 points and 5 rebounds after 4 games. Those numbers are way down compared to previous season averages.

Dallas Mavericks - Like the Celtics, their record is 1-3 after they won their last game. Their whole team is not playing well right now, especially Odom, Carter, and Marion.

Boston Celtics - I know Paul Pierce was out the first 3 games, but they are now 1-3 after winning last night coincidentally when Pierce returned.

Honorable Mention

New Jersey Nets - With Brook Lopez out for the next 2 months, after Deron Williams this team is horrible. Their leading scorer after Deron is MarShon Brooks, Kris Humphries, and Sundiata Gaines. LOL! Why would Dwight Howard ever want to go to this team?

Suprise

THE Kris Humprhies..dude is killing it
    Detroit Pistons, I thought they'd look worse than this. They may go 1-65!

Comment

Wizards will go 0-66, mark it down.
      "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

I am a little surprised with the Mavs and my Celtics starting out slow but the season shall see where they end up!
        I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Ricky Rubio!
          Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
          Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
          Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
          Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

must be slow start for someguys shaking the money off
            http://photobucket.com/trades_bucket
            Collecting Panthers and Lots more

Comment

I forgot to add someone to the disappointment list from last week. Even after Week 2, his numbers are still horrible. I guess he was a one year wonder. Thank goodness I traded him in my fantasy league for Danilo Gallinari.

Disappointment

Dorell Wright - After tonight's game, his numbers after 6 games will be 5.5 points and 5 rebounds per game. He is shooting under 30% FG% and 12% 3PT%. All his numbers so far are way down from last season.

Comment

It is going to be a crazy season with the abbreviated schedule and teams playing 3 days in a row...

It was great to see the Bulls go 3-1 on the road to start their season...

Comment

To piggy-back on the bulls comment....Derrick Rose is KILLIN' IT!!!

All his nice cards (autos and patches) are so expensive!! Can I hit the GD lottery already!?!?!?!

Currently looking for:
                  Football: The Gronk!
                  Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
                  Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
                  + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
                  Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
                  http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

Disappointment:

NY Knicks

Hope they turn it around soon..

Greg's Sports Cards

Looking to trade for/buy:

Patrick Ewing cards (950/1600+)

Always looking for Syracuse related cards as well

Comment

I got to add another player to this list.

Disappointment

Devin Harris - So far only averaging 9.3 ppg and 4.4 apg which are all lower than his past averages for the past 6 seasons. He is playing just as bad as Jameer Nelson is.

Comment

Ricky Rubio is now starting and is pretty sick...Hope him and K-Love can turn that team around..

The schedule is already messing up good players like D-Rose and D-Wade...not getting enough time to shake off injuries without missing games..

Love that the Heat are losing like they are...Hope it's the Bulls holding the trophy in the end...

Comment

Kyrie Irving's playing WAYYYYYYYY better than I thought he would.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                          Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                          Johnson/Mears/
                          Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Big disappointment so far: Joakim Noah, either his plantar is still bothering him or Kwame Brown bit him over the lockout and he is now also a Kwame.

Collecting Chicago Bulls, HOF/90's Stars Autographs, 07-08 Stadium Club Super Team #/50
                            Click here for Bucket

Comment

Working...
                            X