Players You Couldnt Stand On Your Favorite NBA Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players You Couldnt Stand On Your Favorite NBA Team

I am sure some people will love to bash current/former players who have donned their favorite NBA team's uniforms. Gladdy and Jeremy I am looking at you. LOL!

In order of how much I cant stand them, here are the 10 Lakers who I wish never donned the purple and gold. I cant stand any of these players below and even refuse to have their basketball card in my PC unless it is part of a base set which I have the full set of. I am only counting players from 1988 on since that is the first Lakers game I watched on tv and basically been following them ever since.

My Top 10 Anti-Lakers Players

Luke Walton (Unfortunately 2003 to present) - I dont even need a reason to justify him being #1 on this list. They are too many reasons to list. LOL!

Kwame Brown (2006 to 2008) - All you need to know is that his nickname is Butterfingers and he is a bigger joke as a #1 Overall Pick than Michael Olowokandi. I am still in shock that we traded Caron Butler for this loser.

Smush Parker (2005 to 2007) - The only positive thing I can say about him was in 3 of his first 4 games as a Laker, he scored 20+ points. He is basically the equivalent of Luke Walton with a bandana playing point guard.

Vladimir Radmanovic (2006 to 2009) - Horrible signing, never played defense, and never rotated. Considering how much of a bust Adam Morrison was, trading Radmanovic for Morrison was genius since we got Shannon Brown in the deal too.

Slava Medvedenko (2000 to 2006) - I cant believe Medvedenko was on my team for 6 years. His motto was shoot first and never ask questions.

Brian Cook (2003 to 2007) - What was it about the 2003 NBA Draft? We ended up with both Walton and Cook. It was painful to watch when he was on the floor.

Coby Karl (2007 to 2008) - Luke Walton 2.0.

Greg Foster (2000 to 2001) - I hated the Jazz in the late 90s since they always eliminated the Lakers from the playoffs. Foster came from the Jazz so I never accepted him as a Laker, especially since he won a ring with us.

Elden Campbell (1990 to 1999) - I just never liked Campbell for some reason. I found him very inconsistent. I was happy when we traded him to the Hornets for Glen Rice, but was really sad to lose Eddie Jones in the deal.

Tony Smith (1990 to 1995) - Like Campbell, Smith was another Laker in the 90s that I never liked. Something about how he played and his shot selection always made me want to throw pillows around the room.

Nice list. I went to college at UCI during the Slav/Smush Parker/Brian Cook era, so I watched plenty of Laker games with them in it. I have to say I really dislike those Lakers too, with Brian Cook being my least favorite. He played with such poor basketball IQ, it was frustrating.

For me, I generally like most players who played on the Bulls, with a few exceptions:

Eddie Robinson - Bulls overpaid him, he did not turn out good at all, got out of shape, didn't get along with coaches, injured, just did not produce.

Eddy Curry - Just plain hated him, I was so happy when we finally got rid of him . . . one of the least talented 7 footer's out there.

Carlos Boozer - I feel that the Bulls completely overpaid for him when they couldn't get anyone else on the FA. Played poorly in the playoffs. Injury risk, just overall frustrating.

Drew Gooden - Just can't stand his ugly game and misshaped head.

Originally posted by key2win View Post
    I am sure some people will love to bash current/former players who have donned their favorite NBA team's uniforms. Gladdy and Jeremy I am looking at you. LOL!

In order of how much I cant stand them, here are the 10 Lakers who I wish never donned the purple and gold. I cant stand any of these players below and even refuse to have their basketball card in my PC unless it is part of a base set which I have the full set of. I am only counting players from 1988 on since that is the first Lakers game I watched on tv and basically been following them ever since.

My Top 10 Anti-Lakers Players

Luke Walton (Unfortunately 2003 to present) - I dont even need a reason to justify him being #1 on this list. They are too many reasons to list. LOL!

Kwame Brown (2006 to 2008) - All you need to know is that his nickname is Butterfingers and he is a bigger joke as a #1 Overall Pick than Michael Olowokandi. I am still in shock that we traded Caron Butler for this loser.

Smush Parker (2005 to 2007) - The only positive thing I can say about him was in 3 of his first 4 games as a Laker, he scored 20+ points. He is basically the equivalent of Luke Walton with a bandana playing point guard.

Vladimir Radmanovic (2006 to 2009) - Horrible signing, never played defense, and never rotated. Considering how much of a bust Adam Morrison was, trading Radmanovic for Morrison was genius since we got Shannon Brown in the deal too.

Slava Medvedenko (2000 to 2006) - I cant believe Medvedenko was on my team for 6 years. His motto was shoot first and never ask questions.

Brian Cook (2003 to 2007) - What was it about the 2003 NBA Draft? We ended up with both Walton and Cook. It was painful to watch when he was on the floor.

Coby Karl (2007 to 2008) - Luke Walton 2.0.

Greg Foster (2000 to 2001) - I hated the Jazz in the late 90s since they always eliminated the Lakers from the playoffs. Foster came from the Jazz so I never accepted him as a Laker, especially since he won a ring with us.

Elden Campbell (1990 to 1999) - I just never liked Campbell for some reason. I found him very inconsistent. I was happy when we traded him to the Hornets for Glen Rice, but was really sad to lose Eddie Jones in the deal.

Tony Smith (1990 to 1995) - Like Campbell, Smith was another Laker in the 90s that I never liked. Something about how he played and his shot selection always made me want to throw pillows around the room.

Collecting Chicago Bulls, HOF/90's Stars Autographs, 07-08 Stadium Club Super Team #/50
    Click here for Bucket

Comment

I'm a Cavs fan.

Darius Miles was awful and weird, as hell.
      Ricky Davis is very, very stupid.
      I sometimes like to watch Drew Gooden. He had some big nights, but was inconsistent and Ricky Davis was smarter than him.
      Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Lets see....

Pistons: Richard Hamilton (always thought he was overrated)

Now who do I currently hate? Jason Maxiell, Rodney Stuckey, Tayshaun Prince, Charlie Villanueva, Ben Wallace, Damien Wilkins, Kyle Singler, Will Bynum

I hate my team

Comment

at Gladdy's comments.

Whalechaser - I love your comment about Drew Gooden. LOL! I agree about the Carlos Boozer signing. Way overpaid and I think he is overated. At least your team didnt give Eddy Curry $55 million. I am surprised you didnt add Ron Mercer to that list.

Comment

More past Pistons: Kwame Brown, Nazr Mohammed, Allen Iverson and essentially the entire 2009-10 Pistons team

Comment

Comment

Cavs I've STRONGLY hated/still hate:

Ryan Hollins
                Antawn Jamison
                Sasha Pavlovic
                Wally Szczerbiak
                Larry Hughes
                Amon Ones (Damon Jones-no D, no J)
                Larry Hughes
                Eric Snow
                Larry Hughes
                Luke Jackson
                Larry Hughes
                Flip Murray
                Larry Hughes
                Darius Miles
                LARRY HUGHES

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                Johnson/Mears/
                Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Jeremy - I can see why you listed almost all of those players, but why do you hate Antawn Jamison so much?

Comment

He doesn't play team basketball...all he cares about is jacking up shots.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                    Johnson/Mears/
                    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
                      Lets see....

Pistons: Richard Hamilton (always thought he was overrated)

Now who do I currently hate? Jason Maxiell, Rodney Stuckey, Tayshaun Prince, Charlie Villanueva, Ben Wallace, Damien Wilkins, Kyle Singler, Will Bynum

I hate my team
                      He was decent in his prime with that mid-range jump shot, not a star by any means, but I think he can be a decent role player.

That said, I hate that he is on the Bulls right now as well, I don't see HOW a declining Richard Hamilton was a good SG signing, I know we were desperate to get a decent SG who can give us some offense, but Hamilton is not going to push us past the Heat and into the finals.

Speaking of Ben Wallace, I didn't like that signing either (we completely overpaid him too), but I didn't hate him, he was okay (in terms of what's expected of Ben Wallace anyway), the first season, but disappointing in the second with the injury and all.

Originally posted by key2win View Post
                      at Gladdy's comments.

Whalechaser - I love your comment about Drew Gooden. LOL! I agree about the Carlos Boozer signing. Way overpaid and I think he is overated. At least your team didnt give Eddy Curry $55 million. I am surprised you didnt add Ron Mercer to that list.
                      I actually liked Ron Mercer ha ha . . . he was the second leading scorer behind Elton Brand. I liked cheering for the underdog Bulls back then with Brand, Artest, Mercer, Fizer and stupidly hoping that Dalibor Bagaric or Dragan Tarlac would become all time greats one day.

What I didn't like was when they took that team a part and we ended up with the Tyson Chandler / Eddy Curry Twin Fail Towers experiment. Tyson Chandler would have made the list of hated players too but he turned things around the 04-05 season when the Bulls made the playoffs in the first time in forever, so that gets him off the list.

Collecting Chicago Bulls, HOF/90's Stars Autographs, 07-08 Stadium Club Super Team #/50
                      Click here for Bucket

Comment

Dragan Tarlac! LOL! I remember my best friend and I used to play NBA Live 03 and sometimes goofed off with our team on the court. We would pick 5 of the worst players in the game and see who would win if we made a team of them. Dragan Tarlac was always one of those 10 starting players. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
                          Cavs I've STRONGLY hated/still hate:

Ryan Hollins
                          Antawn Jamison
                          Sasha Pavlovic
                          Wally Szczerbiak
                          Larry Hughes
                          Amon Ones (Damon Jones-no D, no J)
                          Larry Hughes
                          Eric Snow
                          Larry Hughes
                          Luke Jackson
                          Larry Hughes
                          Flip Murray
                          Larry Hughes
                          Darius Miles
                          LARRY HUGHES
                          Haha nice one! . . . I remember how he was the self proclaimed greatest 3 point shooter in the world for a while.

Here his wonderful interview:

InsideHoops.com - Damon Jones Interview about being best three-point shooter in the world

By the way great thread OP

Click here for Bucket

Comment

Originally posted by whalechaser View Post
                            He was decent in his prime with that mid-range jump shot, not a star by any means, but I think he can be a decent role player.

That said, I hate that he is on the Bulls right now as well, I don't see HOW a declining Richard Hamilton was a good SG signing, I know we were desperate to get a decent SG who can give us some offense, but Hamilton is not going to push us past the Heat and into the finals.

Speaking of Ben Wallace, I didn't like that signing either (we completely overpaid him too), but I didn't hate him, he was okay (in terms of what's expected of Ben Wallace anyway), the first season, but disappointing in the second with the injury and all.
                            He was decent but he thought he was the best player to ever play for some reason.

I only hate Ben Wallace because how he left to Chicago. He left over a few million dollars and broke up a championship caliber team. I still think had Wallace stayed the Pistons would've had the chance to in another championship, but once he left that team got soft and still has yet to find a decent center. (Defensive center that is).

Comment

I remember during NBA All Star Weekend one year Damon Jones was sitting behind the players. I think it was either Marv Albert or Ernie Johnson who called him "The Monster That Shaq Created" and I laughed so hard when I heard that. LOL!

Comment

Working...
                              X