Michael Jordan Endorses Kobe Bryant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Jordan Endorses Kobe Bryant

Michael Jordan thinks only Kobe Bryant deserves comparisons | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports

I remember in the 1990s, players that were deemed the next Michael Jordan: Harold Miner, Anfernee Hardaway, Grant Hill, Jerry Stackhouse, and Vince Carter. Harold Miner was even nicknamed Baby Jordan. The funniest quote I ever read about Harold Miner was someone calling him Baby Huey. LOL!

There are many great players in the NBA these days, most of whom have never been directly compared to Jordan. Nevertheless, His Airness says only one player comes close enough to his greatness to merit the comparison. Not surprisingly, that player is Kobe Bryant. Here's what Roland Lazenby, a great writer currently working on a Jordan book, tweeted on Sunday (via PBT): Kobe's ultimate competition is MJ. That's why MJ watches him. MJ made people think what he was doing wasn't human. Ditto the Kobester.

I never said Kobe was better than MJ. MJ just told me Kobe's the only one to have done the work, to deserve comparison.

I hope Kobe gets ring 6 to make this argument even closer
    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Very interesting.
      Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Kobe = Jordan ???

How does this effect Kobe's cards ? Value ? Interesting thought >

MJ: Kobe's earned comparison to me

Comment

Coca-Cola: Pepsi's earned comparison to us
          ^^^^ doesn't mean it's better...

you can compare apples to oranges, but ....... there ya go

Comment

MJ states the obvious

Comment

Although I love to hate Kobe, he is an awesome player, you have to give him that.

I did not say he compares to Jordan, but he is the most skilled player in the game, currently.

Did I just say that??
              Currently looking for:
              Football: The Gronk!
              Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
              Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
              + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
              Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
              http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

I still see Kobe as a rapist, but on the court, he's had a spectacular career and he's been a warrior playing out of his mind with injuries these past few seasons. You can tell he really wanted that 6th championship, too bad chances are slim unless either Bynum stays healthy all season and becomes unstoppable or change up the team roster a little bit.

Collecting Chicago Bulls, HOF/90's Stars Autographs, 07-08 Stadium Club Super Team #/50
                Click here for Bucket

Comment

Huge Kobe fan... but on the court, there's only one MJ. Although... it's nice to see Kobe receiving some love from the G.O.A.T.
                  Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Lakers need help for Kobe when he is not on court they have no depth behind big men

Comment

no comparison with MJ, sorry MJ was MJ, Kobe is Kobe, not in the same universe
                      I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Working...
                      X