Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike D’Antoni Resigns From The Knicks

Mike D'Antoni resigns as Knicks coach - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

I am guessing we can blame Melo on this. And odds are Phil Jackson coaches this team next season. If Melo cant play for D'Antoni, you expect him to be able to play for Phil and his philosophy?

Mike D’Antoni has resigned as coach of the New York Knicks, ending his turbulent four-season stay with the franchise. D’Antoni and Knicks owner James Dolan agreed on Wednesday for D’Antoni to end his stay with the Knicks, a source said. “It was a mutual decision to no longer coach the Knicks … conflicting visions of the club’s future,” the source said.

D'Antoni = Horrid Coach..Lost that lockerroom.

Comment

This would be bigger news today if not for As The Dwight Turns.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
      Johnson/Mears/
      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
        This would be bigger news today if not for As The Dwight Turns.
        You didn't hear? He agreed to opt into his deal for next season!

...then changed his mind. Worse than LeBron.

Comment

Comment

D'Antoni isn't very good, but I've always felt that Anthony is extremely overrated and a complete idiot.
            Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Marshmelo thinks he is a #1 option. He would be better as a 2nd, he also needs a coach that will be hard on him and stay that way.
              http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

I love Melo. he is a bit of a ball stopper but an amazing talent. I agree with tom. Now that

I just want to say FFFFFFFFF UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU D'anotni

take that system somewhere else. This team will be better now that he is gone.. D'Antoni was a Donnie Walsh guy. Woodson is more defensive minded and will be there long term imo..

This was a resign or get fired scenario(goes without saying but I had to)

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

He resigned before the were going to fire him..beat them to the punch is all...

He completely lost that team..and it just shows that the NBA is run by the superstars and not the coaches..

Comment

Originally posted by arod1973 View Post
                    He resigned before the were going to fire him..beat them to the punch is all...

He completely lost that team..and it just shows that the NBA is run by the superstars and not the coaches..

two things

1st it was an arranged agreement he did not beat them to the punch imo

2nd have you seen his record there over the past couple years and the lack of attention on defense. Which he comments his not his strong suit. He had to go.

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
                      two things

1st it was an arranged agreement he did not beat them to the punch imo

2nd have you seen his record there over the past couple years and the lack of attention on defense. Which he comments his not his strong suit. He had to go.
                      I think it was Joe Johnson maybe who said when he was with the Suns, D'Antoni almost never even had them practice defense, he said they would go 3 weeks at times without ever working on defense.

Comment

All the talent D'Antoni has had in his coaching career, and he's never even come CLOSE to an NBA Title.

You'd think he'd realize that maybe....JUST MAYBE....you actually have to play defense?

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                        Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                        Johnson/Mears/
                        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Being a Suns fan I was glad when he left. Every Suns player will tell you they never praticed defense, or at least it semed that way.
                          http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

It doesn't matter who the coach is 'Melo and Amare just don't know who to defend well or they don't want too...

The Knicks will still be bad for awhile...and as a Bulls fan that gives me one less team in the East to worry about...

Comment

^^^keep telling yourself that.

Comment

Working...
                              X