Tony Parker Commits to UCLA; Top Recruiting Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Parker Commits to UCLA; Top Recruiting Class

The upcoming season looks like it could be a great one. I'm very excited to see what this team can do on the court. I plan on attending the season opener at the new Pauley Pavilion.

Four top 50 prospects have committed to UCLA. I'm expecting a run into the Sweet 16 for these Bruins especially with the talent they have returning from last year's team.

From ESPN's Peter Yoon:
    Tony Parker, the seventh-rated center and 26th-ranked player in the ESPN 100, is the latest prep star to commit to play at UCLA.
    Parker, 6-9, 270 pounds from Lithonia (Ga.) Miller Grove, announced that he's headed to UCLA during a special ceremony at his high school Monday.
    He is the No. 1 player in Georgia and chose the Bruins over Georgia, Duke, Kansas and Ohio State.
    The addition of Parker to a class that already include Shabazz Muhammad (No. 2), Kyle Anderson (No. 5) and Jordan Adams (No. 41) vaults UCLA past Arizona and Kentucky for he the No. 1 recruiting class in the nation.
    Parker, who averaged 16 points and 11 rebounds last season and has led his Miller Grove high school team to four consecutive Georgia state titles, was the Atlanta Journal Constitution's Mr. Basketball and was a McDonald's All-American.
    UCLA assistant coach Korey McCray, hired last summer by head coach Ben Howland to help recruit out of state, was Parker's AAU coach with the Atlanta Celtics before taking the UCLA job. McCray played a vital role in recruiting Parker and Adams, another former Atlanta Celtics player. Parker is also close with Muhammad and Anderson, who said they had been working hard on getting Parker to UCLA.
    Become a fan of Los Angeles Inspiration on Facebook
    Follow us on Twitter @LA_Inspiration

More...
    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Working...
X