Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metta World Peace Suspended 7 Games

Metta World Peace suspended 7 games for elbow - Yahoo! Sports

Well this basically takes him out of the whole first round and possibly half of the second round. If this was anyone else, it would have only been a 2 game ban. If Lebron or Dwight elbowed someone in the head, it would not have been as harsh. Artest's past history resulted in this many games suspension.

Los Angeles Lakers forward Metta World Peace was suspended seven games by the NBA on Tuesday for elbowing James Harden, meaning he could miss at least six playoff games.

World Peace was ejected from Sunday's game against Oklahoma City for throwing an elbow that struck Harden in the back of the head, giving him a concussion.

World Peace will miss the season finale on Thursday at Sacramento, then the next six games for which he is eligible. The playoffs open Saturday.

Commissioner David Stern alluded to the former Ron Artest's history of on-court altercations in announcing the penalty in a statement.

Metta World Peace Suspended 7 Games

I'm sure everyone has seen the footage of Metta World Peace elbowing James Harden. I don't believe it was accidental and Metta knew what he was doing. He deserves the 7 game suspension.

Here's a tweet from Daniel Artest (Metta's brother):
    Damn. Ron got 7 games. Y'all happy now!!
    Lakers beat writer, Kevin Ding also confirms the length of the suspension.

I was expecting about a 10 game suspension, but it almost guarantees that Metta will miss the entire first round of the playoffs unless the Lakers have to play a game 7. If they end the series earlier, he could possibly miss some games in the western conference semifinals or even next season if they are eliminated.

Photo credit: AP

Become a fan of Los Angeles Inspiration on Facebook
    Follow us on Twitter @LA_Inspiration

More...
    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

What a jerk move that was......he is a disgusting person

K. Durant said it all....."thats not a basketball play" ....plain and simple!<O</O
      <O</O

World Peace says...."Harden got in the way of me celebrating".....whatever!! .....Jerkface!!!!! They should charge him with assult!<O></O>

IMO
      Currently looking for:
      Football: The Gronk!
      Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
      Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
      + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
      Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
      http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

A leopard can't change his spots..... Artest will always be a worthless thug no matter what he changes his name to.

Comment

This basically guarantees the Lakers will use their amnesty waiver on him this off season.

Comment

should have been banned for life.. that type of activity has no place in any spectator sport.
            U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
            http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
            Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
            Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Working...
            X