Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaquille O'Neal Declines Orlando Magic GM Interview

Shaq declines invitation to discuss Magic GM job - Yahoo! Sports

Does the Magic want to lose Dwight Howard? Shaq and Dwight dont like each other. Shaq would probably trade him away for Bynum to help the Lakers. LOL! Plus Shaq would have been off NBA on TNT which would have been better for everyone.

NBA great Shaquille O'Neal has declined an invitation to interview for the Orlando Magic's vacant general manager position.

O'Neal had earlier expressed interest in the job.

"When I first heard about the vacancy for the Orlando Magic general manager position, I was clearly intrigued," O'Neal said in a statement Thursday. "I was drafted by the Magic, I have a great love for the franchise, and I have made the city of Orlando my home. Additionally, I have great admiration and respect for the DeVos family.

"However, this is not a job I have an interest in pursuing. I feel very fortunate to be with TNT and to have the best job in sports. I look forward to many more years with Charles (Barkley), Kenny (Smith) and E.J. (Ernie Johnson). I wish the best for the Magic and I am confident that they will select a great GM and coach."

pretty interesting
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

I don't think shaq knows anymore about basketball than I do....he just relies on being goofy to "appear" entertaining.

lol
      Currently looking for:
      Football: The Gronk!
      Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
      Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
      + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
      Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
      http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

I don't blame him.

Comment

This kind of thing just shows why the Magic are not going to be a top franchise for a while. They have to trade Dwight anyway this summer so why fire Stan when he is going to be better than anyone they can get. Shaq to serve as a figurehead would have been nothing more than what MJ does with the Bobcats. I can't imagine Shaq spending 18 hours a day scouting, working the phones, or being productive. If the Magic are smart they will go after Donnie Walsh who is probably the only guy capable of turning the team from a bunch of overpaid average guys into a real contender.

Comment

Can't see Shaq as a GM!
            I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Originally posted by leiber88 View Post
              This kind of thing just shows why the Magic are not going to be a top franchise for a while. They have to trade Dwight anyway this summer so why fire Stan when he is going to be better than anyone they can get. Shaq to serve as a figurehead would have been nothing more than what MJ does with the Bobcats. I can't imagine Shaq spending 18 hours a day scouting, working the phones, or being productive. If the Magic are smart they will go after Donnie Walsh who is probably the only guy capable of turning the team from a bunch of overpaid average guys into a real contender.
              True to a point, but MJ is majority owner of the Charlotte Bobcats.
              Last edited by jwgreen68; 05-26-2012, 09:33 AM. Reason: corrected spelling

Comment

Originally posted by bakemeister52 View Post
                Can't see Shaq as a GM!
                Nope, me either. Just because you were a dominating center in the 90's doesn't mean you'd be a good coach, GM, etc. Bird and Ainge are good GM's. Dumars used to be.

Comment

Working...
                X