Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neil Olshey Part Ways With Clippers, Signs With Blazers As New GM

Blazers select Olshey as new GM - Yahoo! Sports

I read a report that Sterling was paying Olshey on a month to month contract. How pathetic. Clippers really need a new owner.

The Portland Trail Blazers have hired former Los Angeles Clippers GM Neil Olshey as the team's new general manager.

The announcement by the Blazers on Monday came less than an hour after the Clippers announced that they and Olshey had decided to part ways.

Last season, Olshey oversaw a major retooling of the Clippers' roster that included signing All-Star Chris Paul in December in the biggest trade in franchise history. In the same six-day span, Olshey signed All-Stars Caron Butler and Chauncey Billups, and re-signed DeAndre Jordan.

The Clippers finished with a 40-26 record and reached the second round of the playoffs.

The Blazers have been operating under interim GM Chad Buchanan for the past year. Buchanan took over when the Blazers fired Rich Cho after about 10 months on the job.

Olshey becomes the 10th general manager in Blazers history.

Although Sterling is too much of a penny pincher for the Clips, the decision to let Olshey leave is a non-factor. Anyone could have made the CP3 trade and the overpay on Butler is going to come back and hurt them since they can't get a legit 2 guard now. I give Olshey 1.5 years before Allen fires him.

Comment

I agree that Olshey is not that good of a GM. He was hand delivered Chris Paul and Chauncey Billups by David Stern. Plus he way overpaid for Caron Butler and Deandre Jordan. The only other good moves he did was signing Kenyon Martin for next to nothing (thanks mainly to Chauncey Billups) and essentially trading nothing (Brian Cook) for Nick Young.

Comment

I still think the Trailblazers will have issues no matter who the GM is and having Paul Allen as the owner!
        I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Working...
        X