Hornets Trade Okafor & Ariza To Wizards For Lewis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hornets Trade Okafor & Ariza To Wizards For Lewis

Hornets trade Emeka Okafor, Trevor Ariza to Wizards for Rashard Lewis and No.46 pick - CBSSports.com

Wizards are dumb. They dont trade Lewis for an all-star last season, so now they trade him for Okafor and Ariza? Lewis has 1 more year left I believe on his contract. Okafor and Ariza I think have 2 years left each. I smell something funny about this trade. David Stern had his hands on this one. He probably promised the Wizards owner something on the side. LOL!

Comment

Washington Wizards

Comment

Damn. Beal's definitely gonna end up in Washington now.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
        Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
        Johnson/Mears/
        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post
          Wizards are dumb. They dont trade Lewis for an all-star last season, so now they trade him for Okafor and Ariza? Lewis has 1 more year left I believe on his contract. Okafor and Ariza I think have 2 years left each. I smell something funny about this trade. David Stern had his hands on this one. He probably promised the Wizards owner something on the side. LOL!
          from one of the articles i posted,they were suggesting New Orleans was going to buy out Lewis so they had more cap room to play with

Comment

I read somewhere that Hornets cant amnesty Lewis because they just traded for him. I guess the new CBA changed the rules. But now Hornets have like a $22 million expiring contract to trade. Or they buy out Lewis and save some money along the way. Either way I dont see Lewis ever playing for them.

Comment

The Hornets will buy him out and then give a max deal to Gordon to team up with Davis. Wizards were finally heading in the right direction after the Ricky Rubio - Mike Miller/Randy Foye trade from a few years back. John Wall is not a scoring point guard, Ariza is not a scoring SG, Vesely is too young at SF to do anything right now and Okafor and Nene are the sam player. Can't believe Wizards owner allowed this move to go through. Even if they weren;t going to attract a stud free agent, there is a concept called saving money and tanking to get high draft picks which the Bobcats have only failed at because they choose the wong picks, it could and should work for any other team

Comment

yes the hornets will buy out lewis to offer contract to gordon.hornets will still have alot of work to do but the wizards just shot themselves in the foot

Comment

With the recent track records of these two franchises, this trade will surely be great for both teams.
                  Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Hornets are on the right track actually. Davis will be decent, Gordon is pretty good, and with the leftover cap space and #10 pick they can build quickly

Comment

Working...
                    X