Clear All

• Thunder Trade James Harden To The Rockets

Oklahoma City Thunder trade James Harden to Houston Rockets - ESPN

Wasn't expecting that today.
    "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Thunder Trade James Harden To The Rockets

Thunder trade James Harden to Rockets - Yahoo! Sports

Trading Jeff Green for Kendrick Perkins was a huge mistake and losing Harden is the end result of that horrible trade.

But on the positive side to the trade, Kevin Martin is an established solid shooting guard that can put up 20 points per game. He is near the end of his contract that was originally 5 years $55 million. He should cost a lot less to retain next summer than Harden.

Jeremy Lamb was the #12 pick this summer and a shooting guard. He should hopefully duplicate what Harden brought to the table and is part of the young core of Thunder players. Plus they get a few draft picks as well.

Thunder got better in this trade and add an extra player. Thunder Vs Lakers games will be a lot more fun to watch now.

The Oklahoma City Thunder have traded James Harden to the Houston Rockets after they were unable to agree to a contract extension with the star guard, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Rockets sent Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb and future draft considerations to the Thunder for Harden, sources told Y! Sports. Along with Harden, the Thunder will send Cole Aldridge, Lazar Hayward and Daequan Cook to the Rockets.

Houston also sent two 2013 first-round picks (from Dallas and Toronto) to Oklahoma City, sources told Y! Sports, as well as a 2013 second-round pick (via Charlotte). The first-round picks have varying degrees of protection on them, but the one from Toronto is assured of being in the lottery whenever it is relayed to the Thunder.

Contract extension talks between the Thunder and Harden broke down, and Thunder general manger Sam Presti moved quickly to trade the guard. Harden rejected a four-year offer that would have paid him a base salary of $53 million to $54 million, league sources said. That offer would have pushed OKC's payroll to $95 million, and Thunder officials weren't willing to go any higher.

The Thunder are already paying franchise stars Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook on maximum contracts. The trade breaks up OKC's young core, which carried the franchise into last season's NBA Finals. The Thunder agreed to a four-year contract extension worth about $50 million with forward Serge Ibaka after the season.

Harden, 23, averaged 16.8 points, 4.1 rebounds and 3.7 assists last season and was named the league's Sixth Man of the Year.

Comment

My guess is he wanted out. Glad the Rockets got him!
      U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
      http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
      Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
      Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Obviously it sucks that Harden gone, but it's the best move OKC could make. Harden wanted a max deal, and with Durant and Westbrook already with max contracts, and with OKC planning to give Ibaka a max contract, it would be impossible to fit in a max contract with Harden as well. In return, OKC gets a proven scorer and expiring contract in Kevin Martin, tons of upside in Jeremy Lamb, and a couple 1st round picks from a team that isn't a playoff lock.

Comment

Agreed. Plus after Houston could only overpay to get Asik and Lin, and no other star player wanted to go there, Houston had to spend on someone.

Kevin Martin never worked well in Houston because of the coach. I think he will sign a new contract with them that is more cap friendly. Probably around $7-8 million a year.

Comment

All of the above points are valid, but I really liked Harden with the Thunder. I don't know why I'm questioning a move that didn't involve the Cavs, but I guess it makes some sense.
            Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

i might accidentally watch a rockets game this year now

Comment

I'm just thankful I don't have to see that stupid beard every Thunder game! Go Thunder!!!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Haha! Poppa where did you find that one?

I thought Lamb was going to be the other guy in Houston, now he will do so in OKC and Harden will get a max contract from the Rockets. Both teams got what they wanted.
                      I am looking for: JJ Watt, Kawhi Leonard, George Springer, Carlos Correa, Jose Altuve, Panini Points...
                      http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z260/leedawg62/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/143859720@N05/albums
                      I don't deal outside the US

Comment

was hoping that he would go to the suns!
                        http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Working...
                        X