Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warriors Sign Stephen Curry To 4 Year $44 Million Extension

Warriors, Curry agree to $44M, 4-year extension - Yahoo! Sports

So Curry only gets $1 million more a year than DeRozan. LOL! If Curry can stay healthy, this will be a good signing. But history shows he always injures his ankle.

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) -- While the stability of Stephen Curry's right ankle remains uncertain, his financial footing with the Golden State Warriors has never been more secure.

Curry signed a $44 million, four-year contract extension before Wednesday night's season opener at Phoenix that will keep the point guard with the Warriors through the 2016-17 season. It was the final day Golden State could sign Curry to an extension or he would become a restricted free agent next summer.

''I just thought the deal was too good to pass up right now,'' Curry said before the Warriors' season opener against the Suns. ''Obviously I've been through a lot of injuries the last year and a half with my ankle, but it's back strong and ready to go.''

Curry missed 40 of 66 games last season and sprained his twice-surgically repaired right ankle again in the preseason, sitting out the final two exhibitions at the request of second-year coach Mark Jackson. New Warriors general manager Bob Myers and owners Joe Lacob and Peter Guber felt the point guard was still worth the risk given his production when healthy.

Did Curry hurt his ankle while signing the contract?

Comment

Comment

Working...
      X