Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Payton Elected To Hall of Fame

Y! SPORTS

No surprise here. GP deserved it all the way.

According to NBA.com’s Scott Howard-Cooper, former SuperSonics, Bucks, Lakers, Celtics and Heat guard Gary Payton will be announced as one of the newest members of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame on Monday. Payton, who retired in 2007 after 17 years in the league, won a championship ring as a member of the 2005-06 Heat. He was a nine-time All-Star, he appeared nine times on the All-Defensive team and also won the Defensive Player of the Year Award (a remarkable achievement for a lead guard) while working for his 1995-96 SuperSonics team.

That Seattle team won 64 games and made it to the NBA Finals before losing in six games to the 72-10 Chicago Bulls. Of Chicago’s 13 losses that season, regular season and playoffs included, Seattle beat the Bulls three times — more than any other team. With all due respect to Shawn Kemp’s offensive exploits, the defensive-minded Payton may have been the best player on the best team of the 3-point era to not win a championship.

This is a good selection, much deserving for "The Glove".
    http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Awesome news!!
      U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
      http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
      Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
      Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Y! SPORTS

The Basketball Hall of Fame announced on Monday that they will be inducting Gary Payton, Bernard King, Jerry Tarkanian and Rick Pitino into its ranks this September. Though earlier on Monday we lamented the Hall of Fame’s insipid exclusion of Spencer Haywood, each of the particulars revealed in this class are more than deserving of the honor. International star Oscar Schmidt and ABA legend Roger Brown were also given the honor, bestowed by their respective committees, and the veterans committee also elected Richie Guerin to the Hall. Hall of Famer Magic Johnson was awarded the Mannie Jackson Award for his charity work off the court, as was longtime Tennessee women’s basketball coach Pat Summit.

Comment

Working...
        X