Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warriors Sign Andre Iguodala, Trade Jefferson/Biedrins/Rush To Jazz

Y! SPORTS

The Golden State Warriors signed free agent guard Andre Iguodala to a four-year, $48 million contract Friday, according to Yahoo! Sports.

The Warriors cleared $20 million in salary cap space to sign Iguodala by trading center Andris Biedrins, guard Brandon Rush and forward Richard Jefferson to the Utah Jazz, the Salt Lake Tribune reported. All three have contracts that expire next summer. The Jazz will also get the Warriors' 2014 and 2017 first-round picks. USA Today reported that the Jazz also received two second-round picks from the Warriors.

The Jazz sent Kevin Murphy to the Warriors in return.

Y! SPORTS

The Golden State Warriors are involved in a three-team, sign-and-trade deal that sends a trade exception and Utah Jazz free agent guard Randy Foye to the Denver Nuggets, according to Yahoo! Sports.

Denver will sign-and-trade forward Andre Iguodala to Golden State for the four-year, $48 million contract he agreed to sign with the Warriors. This creates a $12 million trade exception for the Nuggets, which they have a year to use before it expires.

Utah will sign-and-trade Foye to the Nuggets on a three-year, $9 million deal, with a team option on the third year.

The sign-and-trade allows the Warriors enough cap space to sign first-round pick Nemanja Nedovic and gives them the midlevel salary exception to sign another free agent. The Warriors will send the Jazz a future second-round pick in the deal.

Foye, 29, averaged nearly 11 points and two assists for Utah last season. For his career, he has averaged 11.5 points per game.

The deal is separate from the one that sent center Andris Biedrins, forward Richard Jefferson and two first round picks to the Jazz from the Warriors to give Golden State cap space to sign Iguodala.

Comment

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Let's see, to summarize:

Jazz get:
        2014 1st round pick
        2017 1st round pick
        2 future 2nd round draft picks
        Andris Biedrins
        Brandon Rush
        Richard Jefferson

Warriors get:
        Kevin Murphy
        Cap relief

I guess this really shows how important cap space is to a team and how bad it is to get stuck with a bad contract.
        Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
        Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
        Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Before this happend the Jazz were way below the minimum salary cap of 59 million. This puts them closer and will allow them also to extend Gordon Hayward and Derrick Favors. This is a big youth movement for the Jazz who will now have 2 1st round picks in next year's loaded draft and a boat load of cap space for next year's free agency crop. The hard sell will be getting people to go to the Jazz. I can't remember them ever landing a major free agent. I think the biggest one was Al Jefferson.
          I am looking for: JJ Watt, Kawhi Leonard, George Springer, Carlos Correa, Jose Altuve, Panini Points...
          http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z260/leedawg62/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/143859720@N05/albums
          I don't deal outside the US

Comment

Working...
          X