What If Series #3 - Hornets Never Traded Kobe For Divac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What If Series #3 - Hornets Never Traded Kobe For Divac

This is something new I am trying to get some discussions and opinions going. I will post a new What If Series at least once a week. Hope everyone enjoys these discussion threads and feel free to post your opinons on the topic. So the next What If Topic is

What if the Charlotte Hornets kept Kobe Bryant in the 1996 NBA Draft instead of trading him for Vlade Divac?

To shed salary to sign Shaquille O'Neal in the summer of 1996, the Los Angeles Lakers traded their starting center Vlade Divac to the Charlotte Hornets for the 13th Pick in the NBA Draft. The Lakers told Charlotte to draft Kobe Bryant for them. If the Hornets never traded Kobe, what kind of a player do you think he would have became? Do you think he would still be one of the best scorers in the league? Do you think he could have won any NBA titles or league MVPs playing in the East and not under Phil Jackson?

He would've been successful, but not as successful as he is now.

I also think it's a safe bet that the Hornets would still be in Charlotte, as well.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

he deffinitly wouldnt be the superstar he is imo. he would be a good locally known guy but not really that big.
      Looking for Stephen Curry, Jonas Jerebko, Chad Jenkins, Lions Rookies, Tigers, Pistons
      sigpic

Comment

To be honest I don't think he'd be the player he is today or even close to it, Kobe was able to sit and learn to begin with, of course i could be wrong lol

Comment

Hornets would probably still be in Charlotte. Kobe would have been teammates anyways with Glen Rice to form an awesome 1-2 scoring option.

Comment

Working...
          X