Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

**first post** Craigslist lot - price it for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **first post** Craigslist lot - price it for me?

First post

I found this sale on my local craigslist. It's a cool bunch of 90's
    basketball, nothing amazing, but full of stuff I like to collect. He
    also has some old SI and other random magazines with
    Jordan on the cover.

Basketball Collectors Dream

I offered $75.00 bucks for the whole thing, and the guy lost his mind.
    Said he turned down $800.00 prior. I assume he is high.

Price this based on the photos, let me know if I was off base or
    am really a complete prick.

Thanks everybody
    Collector of all the Basketball cards most find useless. Typically sorting them with Black Flag playing softly in the background.

@warrenpease on twitter

If there is a better area of the forum for this post, let me know!
    Collector of all the Basketball cards most find useless. Typically sorting them with Black Flag playing softly in the background.

@warrenpease on twitter

Comment

Sounds like a loser of a guy to deal with. Your offer might have been a little low, but based on what I see, $800 is ridiculous. If he thinks he can get that, more power to him. Many of us have hit the reality that our late 80's/early 90's stuff is not worth what we think it is. He might not have figured it out yet.
      Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
      Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
      Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Seems like almost anyone who sells cards on Craigslist has no idea what they are selling or what value to ask for. Sure a Wade Boggs in Becket in 1985 says 15.00 but guess what your not getting 15.00 for it!!!

I see people putting adds saying Mickey Mantle cards!!!!!!! And they are the recent base stuff asking 40-50.00 each for.
        Hello and Happy trading!

I always take the time to pm you so please show the same respect back.

MY WANTS AND FOR TRADE

Looking for any Red Sox in my WWW collecting Jim Abbott Xander Boegarts, Jackie Bradley and Bryce Brentz.

Comment

Lol....he definetly didn't turn down a $800 offer! Your offer of $75 is more close to reality. Your best bet is to not deal with this goofball, he's looking to strike it rich on a $100 EBay lot.
          Currently looking for:
          Football: The Gronk!
          Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
          Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
          + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
          Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
          http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

He and I ended our discussion last night at "I won't take a penny under $750.00, these magazines look as good now as the day I got them in 1993!!!!!". I of course offered him $150.00, which seemed insane to me, but pride had kicked in, as well as the hope that he might actually have a couple great Jordans i've never been able to find. Alas, he was not interested and said "these will go back in the safe where i've kept them for 15 years". lol

Thanks for the input everyone, this seems like a great place to chat. Looking forward to it!

@warrenpease on twitter

Comment

We could all send him offers of 50.00 lol.

Anybody read the last sentence by any chance?

"If you have any questions don't bother asking and I will answer them if I can.... Thanks"
              Hello and Happy trading!

I always take the time to pm you so please show the same respect back.

MY WANTS AND FOR TRADE

Looking for any Red Sox in my WWW collecting Jim Abbott Xander Boegarts, Jackie Bradley and Bryce Brentz.

Comment

I tried to educate him on the realities of having a shoebox full of top loaders of 90's Jordan's and
                common Grant Hill rookies. He wasn't hearing it. I sent him links to resources (and ebay) for opportunities to actually see what an ungraded collection of assorted Fleer basketball cards are actually worth. I'm still awaiting his response. I really would drive to meet him if he'd take a realistic price.

I was a little shocked when I re-entered the hobby to see the changes and realize my favorite cards from my youth weren't worth anything. But, I love the chase and the process and see it as a chance to finally own things I could never afford as a kid. I'm lucky to still have a well stocked and operating card shop in my city; believe the shock when I realized I could buy a Shaq rookie card for .50

This guy clearly is still holding on to the dream.

@warrenpease on twitter

Comment

And yes, I read that last sentence; White House, TN is not exactly an educational mecca.

@warrenpease on twitter

Comment

I see a lot of insane asking prices for cards and memorabilia on craigslist. Some people assume everything is insanely valuable. Others assume they can screw new collectors who don't know the values.
                    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Hoping he will call me back....thought my offer of $800 was more than fair!

Comment

Originally posted by jwgreen68 View Post
                        Hoping he will call me back....thought my offer of $800 was more than fair!
                        He wants $1,000 now.
                        Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

He can put it in the safe for another 15 years and it still wont be worth asking for $750. LOL!

Comment

I hope that Christmas credit card bill rolls in this week, and he reconsiders.

@warrenpease on twitter

Comment

Working...
                            X