Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clippers Sign Hedo Turkoglu

Los Angeles Clippers to sign Hedo Turkoglu - ESPN Los Angeles

LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Clippers plan on signing veteran forward Hedo Turkoglu on Thursday, coach Doc Rivers said Wednesday night.

"We do anticipate signing him," Rivers said.

Rivers said he anticipated the Clippers signing Turkoglu before they leave for their 12-day, seven-game road trip on Thursday.

He likely will be in uniform when the Clippers play the New York Knicks on Friday. Rivers would not discuss the terms of the contract, but it is believed to be for the rest of the season.

"He's another shooter," Rivers said. "Sometimes you don't bring a guy in because a guy is not doing something. You bring a guy in because he does something our other guys do as well. He's another shooter and can space the floor. He's very skilled. We would like to take advantage of that."

The Clippers brought in Turkoglu for a meeting and a workout last Thursday and liked what they saw.

"He made shots from everywhere," Rivers said after the free agent's workout. "He looked good. It was a good workout."

Turkoglu, who was cut by the Orlando Magic earlier this month, hasn't played this season and played in only 11 games last season because of injuries and a 20-game suspension for use of performance-enhancing drugs.

Rivers and the Clippers have had their eyes on Turkoglu since he became available.

"I just like him as a player," Rivers said last week. "I think he's out there and we should look at him. I've always liked him. He can play [the] 3 and 4. It's a position that we can use in some ways, so we're looking."

Rivers did not rule out looking at other free agents to add, including Lamar Odom.

"We're looking at everyone," Rivers said. "We're not going to stop looking. I think it's our job to do that. We'll keep watching and paying attention to everyone -- guards, bigs, everyone."
Working...
X