X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistons Hire Jeff Brower As New General Manager

Jeff Bower named Detroit Pistons general manager - ESPN

Poor Gladdy. LOL!

Wasnt he the person who agreed to the CP3 trade with the Lakers before Stern vetoed it?

DETROIT -- Jeff Bower has been hired as the general manager of the Pistons, coach and president of operations Stan Van Gundy announced Tuesday.

Terms were not disclosed.

"I'm pleased to welcome Jeff Bower to the Detroit Pistons organization," Van Gundy said in a statement. "Jeff brings great basketball knowledge and NBA experience to our organization and he's enjoyed success in building teams. He's a great evaluator of talent and Jeff will bring solid leadership to our front office."

Bower was the coach at Marist College last season, but he resigned Monday. Athletic director Tim Murray said in a statement that Bower was leaving for "a very specific and compelling NBA opportunity."

Bower was previously a general manager and coach in the NBA, holding both those positions with the New Orleans Hornets in 2009-10.

"I'm excited to join the Pistons organization and play a role in helping this franchise build on its great basketball tradition," Bower said in a statement. "I look forward to working with Stan, his staff and everyone in the Pistons organization to put together a team that the community can support and be proud of. I'm also excited about ownership's commitment to winning and their demonstrated commitment to the community."

Meh..........

Comment

Comment

Working...
      X