Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistons Sign Jodie Meeks To 3 Years $19 Million

Jodie Meeks, Detroit Pistons reach 3-year deal - ESPN

Who would have thought that Jodie Meeks would be the first free agent to sign with a new team? LOL!

He should call Mike D'Antoni and thank him for getting him his new contract. LOL!

He was solid as a Laker, especially last season. No way Lakers would have paid him anywhere near what Pistons did.

Free-agent guard Jodie Meeks has agreed to a three-year deal with the Detroit Pistons, Meeks told ESPNLosAngeles.com on Tuesday.

The deal is worth anywhere between $19 million and $20 million and does not include any player or team options, according to Meeks.

"Had a great time in L.A. and loved every moment," Meeks said in a text to ESPNLosAngeles.com. "Looking forward to moving forward with my career in Detroit! Excited!"

Meeks, 26, is coming off a career season where he averaged 15.7 points on 46.3 percent shooting from the field and 40.1 percent from 3 to go with 2.5 rebounds, 1.8 assists and 1.4 steals per game.

Meeks' contract will absorb approximately half of the $13.5 million in cap space the Pistons currently have available.

Detroit finished 29th in team 3-point percentage last season.

Stan Van Gundy, the team's new coach and president of basketball operations, detailed the team's free-agency approach to reporters last week.

"The analogy I've used is we're not going to hit a home run, but if we can get three singles, or two singles and a double and drive in a couple runs, we'll be okay," Van Gundy said, according to CBS Detroit. "I think it's important. I think we can improve some things on our team, I think we're pretty specific about what we're looking for and we'll go out and pursue those guys. Then you need a little bit of luck, too, you really do."

The Meeks agreement was earlier reported by Yahoo! Sports.
Working...
X