Should I Open These 3 Prestige Basketball Blaster Boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I Open These 3 Prestige Basketball Blaster Boxes

Impulse buy today. Went to Target and found the 2014-15 Prestige Boxes that they just stocked.

I got 3 Blaster Boxes. I was thinking there were $20 each, but they were $30 each. Each Blaster Box comes with 7 packs and 10 cards per pack. You get 1 Rookie per pack and guarantee of 1 Auto or Relic per box.

I mainly want to get the 160 card base set and some of the main RCs. I usually dont care about the inserts.

I paid $97 for these 3 boxes after tax. Debating if I should return them or just open them. Usually the Prestige Boxes in the past cost about $80-90 for a hobby box where I dont get a complete base set and 3-4 hits and a bunch of inserts I dont care for.

Maybe I should just wait until prices lower on EBAY to try to get the base set.

All 3 boxes will give me 210 total cards with 21 Rookies and 3 Hit Cards.

Advice please? Would you pay $30 for a blaster box? Should I just wait. Should I open these. Should I return it. Hard to tell based on EBAY since it was really just released today at most Targets and just hit EBAY last night.

If I had bought 3 retail baseball boxes there is no way in hell that I would not be able to not open them,lol

I say have fun and rip them open.
    Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

There is no way anyone here is gonna tell you to return them now....bust em!!!
      Currently looking for:
      Football: The Gronk!
      Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
      Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
      + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
      Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
      http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

Actually I returned them at Target a few hours ago. Panini's website states the Blaster Boxes are supposed to be $20. Target has all the other items correct with the SRP from Panini's site (Packs $4), (Hanger Boxes $10), Plus Boxes ($65), and Premium Boxes ($200).

I found it hard paying $30 for 1 hit and basically all base cards. Especially since I spent $97 on 3 boxes. I will see if Target corrects this since I have seen other members complain on Panini's website and I can always rebuy it if they go back down to $20 like Panini's website states. I rather wait and pay $50 on EBAY for the complete base set with the RCs. I will be patient. LOL!

Comment

Ok everything happens for a reason. So today I had to stop by Target to pick up a few items. I talked to the cashier and told them that the box is supposed to be $20 based on Panini's official website. He actually said no problem and lowered it to $20 for me. So I got 4 boxes and ended up paying $86 after tax. Got an extra box and saved $11 for waiting an extra day.

Comment

Nice!......so when is the break happening?
            Currently looking for:
            Football: The Gronk!
            Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
            Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
            + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
            Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
            http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

I will be posting it up shortly. In about an hour. Got to do a few more things around the apartment first.

Comment

Working...
              X