Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jazz Beat Lakers By 48 Points

Lakers vs. Jazz - Game Recap - March 28, 2016 - ESPN

SALT LAKE CITY -- Rodney Hood will never forget the night Kobe Bryant requested to guard the second-year player because he was virtually unstoppable. That's a huge compliment from the future Hall of Famer.

Hood scored 30 points and the Jazz turned Bryant's last visit to Utah into the worst loss of his career with a 123-75 victory on Monday night that matched the Lakers' largest defeat in franchise history.

"We were just talking a little bit of trash," Hood said. "He was just congratulating me on the season. I just told him he was the greatest of all-time. A guy I've been looking up to since I was a little child. ... It was just a great night tonight.

"Those are memories I'll forever take. Going back to Hawaii (during preseason). Tonight. Every single time I get a chance to play against him, that's something I'll remember after I'm done playing ball."

The Jazz had their biggest offensive night of the season and remained in the No. 7 slot in the Western Conference playoff race, one game ahead of the Houston Rockets.

The 48-point defeat matched the margin in the Lakers' 142-94 loss to the Clippers on March 7, 2014, when Bryant was out with an injury.
Working...
X