Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isaiah Thomas Scores Career High 52 Points In Celtics Win

Heat vs. Celtics - Game Recap - December 30, 2016 - ESPN

BOSTON -- Isaiah Thomas had a fourth quarter better than any other player for a team rich in history.

Thomas set a club record with 29 points in the fourth quarter, finishing with a career-high 52 points and leading the Boston Celtics to a 117-114 victory over the Miami Heat on Friday night.

"It doesn't seem real. It's crazy," Thomas said. "The fourth quarter, I've never done that before."

Nobody had -- even for the Celtics. Thomas hit six 3-pointers and converted a three-point play in the fourth quarter and broke the franchise record of 24 points in a quarter set by Larry Bird in 1983 and matched by Todd Day in 1995.

"It just felt like I was out there by myself, working on my game in the gym. Throwing up everything and it was going in. It was a special feeling," said Thomas, who just set his previous career best 10 days before with 44 points at Memphis.

Thomas finished with the fourth-highest total in Celtics history. Bird still holds that mark with 60 points against Atlanta on March 12, 1985.
Working...
X