Tiki Barber coming back to the NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiki Barber coming back to the NFL

The player rep for Tiki Barber announced Tuesday that the former Giants star has filed papers to officially come out of retirement.

Barber hasn't played since walking away from the Giants after racking up 2,127 total yards in his age-31 season five years ago. Returning to the NFL after four seasons away is unprecedented for a player of Tiki's age. The closest comp may be Ricky Williams, who missed 2004, 2006 and all but one game of 2007 before returning in 2008 at age 31. Also similar to Williams' scenario, Barber recently claimed to be broke after going through a costly divorce. At age 36 with fresh legs, his upside is third-down back.

I'm suprised..can't see him being to successful though

Comment

Stay retired nobody will want you

Comment

Retired RB Barber seeks return to NFL (AP)

After four years in retirement, former New York Giants running back Tiki Barber is looking to get back into the NFL. It won't be with the Giants, though. The Giants acknowledged on Tuesday that the 35-year-old Barber has asked to be taken off the reserve-retirement list and that they will release him once the league allows it.

More...

Comment

I am not sure he even makes a team at 36. He will be a novelty so will get some love by a couple teams. However there are a ton of 30yr old backs out of work that would be more productive. Time will tell I guess

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

He'll go to Tampa and play with his brother for one year. At best he'll be a back to give a breather to Blount

Comment

Originally posted by HiEnd View Post
              He'll go to Tampa and play with his brother for one year. At best he'll be a back to give a breather to Blount
              His brother has not resigned yet. Of course with the issues right now not too surprised.
              I think he will sign with a team with that has a better chance to get him another shot to get another ring.

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
                His brother has not resigned yet. Of course with the issues right now not too surprised.
                I think he will sign with a team with that has a better chance to get him another shot to get another ring.
                Yes he has. Ronde resigned end of February for one year/$4 million

Comment

oh well my bad lol

Comment

or should I say his bad

Comment

WEll d.,sanders did the same thing in 2004 so we will see
                      http://s816.photobucket.com/home/dxdominator/allalbums
                      big clausen collector and panthers
                      like jamaal charles and Champ Bailey as well

Comment

Originally posted by dx2010 View Post
                        WEll d.,sanders did the same thing in 2004 so we will see
                        Big difference in what Deion did on the field compared to the beating Tiki will be taking after all this time off. He was on the wrongside of his career when he walked away, no reason to think he'll be anyting productive now

Comment

As a Giant fan I hope noone signs him hes selfish piece of shit. Quit on team and then gets millions to do broadcasting and bashes team/coach everytime he could. Great media career there and only reason he's back is he needs money for his divorce. Funny how the coach and players you bashed win the Super Bowl after you left...............

=====================
                          MY TRADE RULES:
                          1-Show me the Scans!!!
                          2- Padded Envelope
                          3- Card Protection -Hard Holder and Sleeve
                          4- Delivery Confirmation!!!
                          5-Trade by BV but negotiable
                          -----------------------------------------
                          Collect: R.Rice, L.Taylor, H.Nicks, V.Cruz, E.Manning, P.Simms, H.Carson, JPP, M.Strahan.
                          Notre Dame Autos in Uniform Only !!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X