Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pundits expect Panthers to take Newton (AP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pundits expect Panthers to take Newton (AP)

The growing consensus among NFL draft analysts is the Carolina Panthers will take Cam Newton with the No. 1 overall pick. Those pundits differ on whether that's a smart decision. As the Panthers remain mum on what they'll do next week, there's no shortage of advice. The most polarizing opinions involve the quarterback who dazzled in leading Auburn to the national title last season but...

More...

I feel bad for Panthers fans.

Comment

I do not think it will happen...That team is a qb and a dlinemen away from getting back. They should draft Marcell Dareus and then grab a Ponder or Dalton type in the 2nd.

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Aww, no more jimmy clausen? lol
        "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
          I feel bad for Panthers fans.
          Yep, not a wise selection.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
            I do not think it will happen...That team is a qb and a dlinemen away from getting back. They should draft Marcell Dareus and then grab a Ponder or Dalton type in the 2nd.
            Sounds like a solid draft strategy to me.
            sigpic

Comment

Did you watch Cam on Grudens special. Clueless to QB speak. I mean CLUELESS

Comment

I just don't get it. How is this guy a #1 overall pick?

He's a taller Troy Smith with a weaker arm and faster legs. Troy Smith sure wasn't a #1 overall pick.

(FYI: I'd take Troy Smith over Cam Newton right now, also.)

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                Johnson/Mears/
                Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
                  I just don't get it. How is this guy a #1 overall pick?

He's a taller Troy Smith with a weaker arm and faster legs. Troy Smith sure wasn't a #1 overall pick.

(FYI: I'd take Troy Smith over Cam Newton right now, also.)
                  Thats the first thing I thought as well when they started talking about the draft..he goes from a late first/early second round pick, to a top 10 pick, to being a must draft one of a kind guy?

I just don't see it..Amazing what hype does..I don't get how these teams fall for it..

Comment

Thats the first thing I thought as well when they started talking about the draft..he goes from a late first/early second round pick, to a top 10 pick, to being a must draft one of a kind guy?

I just don't see it..Amazing what hype does..I don't get how these teams fall for it..
                    That has me confused the most. Tebow shooting into the 1st round based on hype shocked me, but this is crazy.
                    "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
                      Did you watch Cam on Grudens special. Clueless to QB speak. I mean CLUELESS
                      In all the interviews I have seen I don't recognize the leadership and intelligence that I expect from a 1st rd QB in Newton or Mallett. I believe Favre had some issues when he first came out and was very sloppy in his approach to the game. IMO both would benefit from being drafted late and hopefully going to a team w/ a solid lockerroom and strong coaching staff.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dfr52 View Post
                        In all the interviews I have seen I don't recognize the leadership and intelligence that I expect from a 1st rd QB in Newton or Mallett. I believe Favre had some issues when he first came out and was very sloppy in his approach to the game. IMO both would benefit from being drafted late and hopefully going to a team w/ a solid lockerroom and strong coaching staff.
                        I agree completely, based off just skill, I don't see how Newton can be considered so much better than Mallet, if I had to pick one or the other, i'd take Mallet easily. Not that I'd want either of them, I think Mallet has a much better chance at being successful though.

Comment

I agree completely, based off just skill, I don't see how Newton can be considered so much better than Mallet, if I had to pick one or the other, i'd take Mallet easily. Not that I'd want either of them, I think Mallet has a much better chance at being successful though.
                          I'm really not sure which I would take, both have strong arms but one can do a better job reading a defense and the other can move well.
                          sigpic

Comment

If he does good then great if not o well none of you have a clue what ur talking about you just listen to ESPN and think you know it all nobody has a clue what he will do or any other player will do so let the play decide not talk
                            http://s816.photobucket.com/home/dxdominator/allalbums
                            big clausen collector and panthers
                            like jamaal charles and Champ Bailey as well

Comment

Originally posted by dx2010 View Post
                              If he does good then great if not o well none of you have a clue what ur talking about you just listen to ESPN and think you know it all nobody has a clue what he will do or any other player will do so let the play decide not talk
                              WOW. Thanks for you OPINION on the matter. It was so involved and really was useful to the site .. I mean it is obvious being a Panthers fan your feelings got hurt but contribute don't bash

Comment

Working...
                              X