Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State Likely Will Not be Penalized Any Further

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...ap-ohiost-ncaa

The NCAA has told Ohio State that it won’t face the most severe charges possible in the memorabilia-for-cash and tattoos scandal that cost football coach Jim Tressel his job.

Investigators said they found no evidence that Ohio State failed to properly monitor its football program or any evidence of a lack of institutional control, according to a letter sent to the university and released Friday.

NCAA investigators also said they have not found any new violations.

“Considering the institution’s rules education and monitoring efforts, the enforcement staff did not believe a failure to monitor charge was appropriate in this case,” the NCAA said in the letter sent Thursday.

The notice clearing Ohio State of the most serious of institutional breaches is a big break for the university, which will meet with the NCAA’s committee on infractions on Aug. 12. That committee could accept penalties Ohio State already placed on itself or could pile on recruiting restrictions, bowl bans and other, stiffer sanctions.

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

I pretty much called when everyone was piling on and I am not even a State fan.. So with that said looks like they might retain Bri'onte Dunn after all and that spells trouble for the rest of the Big 10 unless Paterno can woo him away

Comment

Told everyone on here there would be no 'HAMMER' dropped like all the OSU haters thought. They're too big for the NCAA...

If there isn't a bowl ban (which seems very possible now), you can pretty much pencil in Urban Meyer for the job in 2012. You can also pencil in OSU dominating the B10 for the next decade if that's the case.

This could end up being the best thing to ever happen to OSU.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
        Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
        Johnson/Mears/
        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

lmao!

Michigan has the top rated recruiting class so far for 2012. Good luck on domination..

Comment

You act like no other Big10 school has a good recruiting class coming in, also Michigan has the worst returning class...........................

(of any team that matters in the Big10)

Comment

Originally posted by Ground Support View Post
              lmao!

Michigan has the top rated recruiting class so far for 2012. Good luck on domination..
              I guess that means no more losses to I-AA schools?

Johnson/Mears/
              Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

And since we need to talk about scUM in an OSU thread....

As of today, it's now been 2,800 days since Michigan last beat Ohio State in a football game.

Johnson/Mears/
                Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Im just talking about domination of the big ten.. Not going to happen. With Michigan, Nebraska, Wisconsin and Penn State all playing good or on its way of being good its going to be hard for Ohio State to dominate.

Comment

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/wMRH87O...m-rankings.htm

Comment

I would be very nervous that Kalis comes home now if I were a scUM fan

Comment

ohio state needs to be punished further.
                        Looking for JOSH FREEMAN . UFC, Buccaneers, Lakers, and Yankees autos.

Comment

nov 26th OSU 30 Michigan 17

Comment

Working...
                          X