UPDATE--Tom Brady's Safety Worth 50K to One Man..Donating to Charity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATE--Tom Brady's Safety Worth 50K to One Man..Donating to Charity

A safety is a rare play in any game, but for it to happen in the Super Bowl as the first score of the game? No one would expect that to happen. No one would lay a bet on something so unlikely, right?

Wrong. Jona Rechnitz bet $1,000 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas that the first score of the game would be a Giants safety. With 50-to-1 odds on such an unlikely score, Rechnitz is walking away from Las Vegas with a $50,000 pay day.

The safety came when New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was flagged for intentional grounding from his own end zone, giving the New York Giants two points. Brady's lapse in judgment started the game off on the wrong foot for New England, and gave Rechnitz a cool $50K. Do you think he'll send Brady a thank you note?

Man wins $50,000 on Tom Brady

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

That's awesome!

Comment

wow man, i want to borrow his crystal ball

Comment

Ha! Great story. He deserves it for having the balls to bet $1,000 on the play.
        Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

nice pickup, lol

Great Traders:cardjim,TomR,avsbruins65,Leafsfan1967,ty4o rce,bumpersample,NattyBoo,fatfrank,DoubleD

MY EBAY: http://shop.ebay.com/chefmc/m.html?_...&_trksid=p3686

Comment

I wish I had that guy's $1,000 just to make a crazy bet!
            http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Crazy but that is how you win sometimes!
              I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

UPDATE
                Just when you wanted to hate the guy for winning $50,000 on a freak Super Bowl bet -- Giants fan Jona Rechnitz tells TMZ, he's donating every last cent to multiple charities ... INCLUDING one of Tom Brady's choice.

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

[QUOTE=wheeler281;258672]UPDATE
                  Just when you wanted to hate the guy for winning $50,000 on a freak Super Bowl bet -- Giants fan Jona Rechnitz tells TMZ, he's donating every last cent to multiple charities ... INCLUDING one of Tom Brady's choice.

That is friggin' sweet! Not to bad for a Giants fan!
                  http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

wow... very cool

Comment

Working...
                    X