most memorable game you've been to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• most memorable game you've been to

I thought it would be fun to post stories of our favorite football game that we've attended. I'd like to hear what everyone says.

My favorite is the only game that I wasn't drinking at. My dad took me to the 1989 AFC Wildcard game between the Browns and Oilers. It was my first football game and I was 11 years old. The Browns lost a close game with their 4th string qb, Don Strock who was just signed a few weeks earlier. I had never seen so many crazy people and heard so much swearing. He got tired of telling me to cover my ears and we both kept laughing. Great bonding day with dad!
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Nice story. Wish I had a dad like that. I don't have a football story, so if you don't mind, I'll use baseball. As you know, my son and I attended Games 6 and 7 of the 2011 World Series. I was fortunate enough to have a connection in the Cardinals organization and got seats behind the Redbirds dugout. Pujols tossed a ball to my son when coming off the field in Game 6 then was nice enough to sign it a few innings later. We had a lot of ups and downs in Game 6 and I had laryngitis for 2 weeks after! Going into Game 7, I could feel that our Cardinals were going to win. We stayed for the Parade and ate a lot of junk that mom doesn't know about, spent the equivalent of the Ethoian GDP on baseball packs and had a lot of father/son time. I'll never forget that week. Hope to be able to do it again soon. Maybe next time it will be with my son and grandson, but that's probably 20 years away. Sorry I rambled on and on.

Comment

I've only been to one Football game before, and it was the Motor City Bowl where Dan LeFevour dominated, but my favorite sporting event in general was Game 5 of the ALCS last year. I got to see Verlander pitch his last game of a magical season (and he won the game), on a rather gutsy performance. He didn't have his "good stuff" at all, and Benoit/Valverde weren't available (and if people remember, Leyland pretty much only used them out of the bullpen in the playoffs), but he stayed around long enough to save the bullpen as he always does.

Comment

I was at the Monday Night game back in '08 vs. the defending champion Giants at Cleveland Browns Stadium. The Giants were undefeated and looked like world beaters coming into the game, and the Browns somehow managed to beat them.

It gave me a glimpse into what it would be like if the Browns actually had a good team and were championship contenders. I've been to quite a few Browns games, but that's the only one that felt different from the rest. Absolutely amazing atmosphere.

(New York went 15-1 in a 16 game stretch between '07-'08, their only loss was to the Browns during that time)

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
        Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
        Johnson/Mears/
        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Working...
        X