X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say It Aint So OCHO - Signs With Dolphins

Might be the last we see of CJ

as he was cut today

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) The New England Patriots have released wide receiver Chad Ochocinco.

The former Chad Johnson spent one unproductive season with the team, even though the Patriots went to the Super Bowl. He had 15 receptions for an 18.4-yard average and one touchdown, but rarely was a key part of the offense.

Ochocinco, who played 10 seasons for Cincinnati before joining the Patriots. In seven seasons, he had seven 1,000-yard receiving years and a high of 97 catches.

Ochocinco tweets Thursday: ''Thoroughly enjoyed the oppurtunity to play for the ''Patriot'' organization... fans were ... wicked awesome, I wish all of you the best...''

His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, says he is ''in the process of gauging interest from potential teams.''

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Definitely won't be the last time he plays, not sure who added that

Comment

I'd take him in a heartbeat in Cleveland (never gonna happen). A washed up Ocho is still better than any of WR's we have right now.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
      Johnson/Mears/
      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

HOF 20??

He's always entertained me. He's definitely regressed, but I love the guy.
        Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Originally posted by whitney777 View Post
          HOF 20??

NO CHANCE

Comment

None at all, but it was funny when he wore it during a game.
            Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles took a shot at signing him.

Comment

Multiple sources tell the Boston Globe that Chad Ochocinco just didn't have the "football I.Q." to succeed with the Patriots.
                "The Patriots would literally tell him to run a route a certain way, and a minute later he would run it the other way," wrote the Globe's Greg Bedard. "It happened all the time." During recent OTAs, he also struggled to recognize zone versus man coverage. Even if it irked Carson Palmer, Ochocinco often got away with freelancing as opposed to running the correct route in Cincinnati. That was never going to work in the Patriots' precision timing offense, which relies on receivers to make pre-snap reads and run exactly where Tom Brady expects them to run.

Source: Boston Globe

Comment

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports that the Dolphins will work out free agent Chad Ochocinco this coming week.
                  Ochocinco wants to play for the Fins, and there seems to be at least some mutual interest. For a guess on what it might cost to sign Ochocinco, Lee Evans inked a one-year, $1.497 million contract with the Jaguars in April. The deal included a $250,000 signing bonus, with nearly $200,000 available through weekly in-season bonuses as long as Evans is on the Jags' game-by-game roster.

Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter

Comment

WR Chad Ochocinco says he has signed with Dolphins - Yahoo! Sports

MIAMI (AP) Chad Ochocinco says he has signed with the Miami Dolphins four days after being released by the New England Patriots.

The signing was reported Monday on the wide receiver's website, OCNNReport.com, hours after he had a tryout with the Dolphins, who are thin at the position and dropping a lot of passes in offseason drills.

The Dolphins declined to comment but Ochocinco is likely to join the team for this week's OTAs, which continue through Wednesday.

Comment

kerwin i so hope its true. Hard Knocks will be better That being said the netwrk said today they would be shocked if he ever found a job.

Desperate times lead to desperate measures i guess. Who do they have if not ocho

Comment

Wheeler - Definitely agree with you on Hard Knocks (now its worth watching)!

Comment

I think he has a hard time with learning playbooks .Maybe Dolphins plays are not as hard as the Patriots.
                          http://photobucket.com/trades_bucket
                          Collecting Panthers and Lots more

Comment

Dude thats good point Hes being on hard Knocks is like Must See TV
                            Collecting Cowboys, College Photos (WKU, Kentucky, Virginia, LSU, Michigan), Luke Stocker, Jason Witten, Justin Houston, Felix Jones, Joe Haden

http://stores.ebay.com/wgil7173

http://www.ebay.com/sch/dtowncards/m...&_trksid=p3686

http://s1254.photobucket.com/albums/...rdboardcrack1/

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X