Daunte Culpepper: 'I think I'm done' with NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daunte Culpepper: 'I think I'm done' with NFL

Free agent Daunte Culpepper conceded to the Orlando Sentinel that he's finished playing in the NFL.
    The 49ers considered signing Culpepper in 2011 training camp, but only to be a third-stringer behind Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick. They eventually went in another direction (Scott Tolzien). "As far as me playing, I think I am done," said Culpepper, 35. "That part of my book is closed. The next chapter is, I have kids and I will be coaching them." The 11th overall pick in the 1999 draft, Culpepper was a three-time Pro Bowler and finished his career with a 149:106 TD-to-INT ratio, along with 34 more rushing touchdowns.

Source: Orlando Sentinel
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Sad to see his career end the way it did (injuries/never able to recover from injuries).

I met him in college (went to UCF with him). He was pretty quiet for being the Big Man On Campus.
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

I liked watching him as a player with Moss in the Viking Era, but it is more like the NFL is done with him than as if he had a choice to keep playing.

Comment

Working...
      X