X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leiber88
    replied
    Originally posted by sportscardrage View Post
    Why trade? I don't get it, I know teams don't like to say they concede to not making a playoffs but the Colts are basically starting from scratch. I don't understand what sense trading anything would do to help the Colts.
    Exactly. If colts make a trade, they screw their future up. To be honest, I would tank the season if I were them before I would even consider trying to make the playoffs. They need long-term starters, not quick term solutions.

Leave a comment:

• sportscardrage
    replied
    Why trade? I don't get it, I know teams don't like to say they concede to not making a playoffs but the Colts are basically starting from scratch. I don't understand what sense trading anything would do to help the Colts.

Leave a comment:

• whitney777
    replied
    A reliable source tells the Indianapolis Star the player the Colts are pursuing in trade talks is a cornerback.

Source: Phil Richards on Twitter

Leave a comment:

• whitney777
    started a topic Report: Colts pursuing a veteran cornerback

Report: Colts pursuing a veteran cornerback

Owner Jim Irsay tweeted Thursday that "serious trade winds are swirling" with the Colts willing to give up a high pick for a "serious vet/starter."
    It's unlikely the Jaguars would trade Maurice Jones-Drew within the division, but unsigned restricted free agent Mike Wallace makes a lot of sense with Austin Collie's (concussion) status up in the air and former Steelers coordinator Bruce Arians now calling the plays in Indy. Irsay concedes these types of deals "often crumble and don't reach completion," but assures Colts fans that GM Ryan Grigson "isn't afraid to roll the dice" and aggressively improve the roster. "My checkbook stands ready," adds Irsay. NFL Network's Michael Lombardi suspects the trade talks involve a defensive player seeking a new contract, such as Ravens CB Cary Williams.

Source: Jim Irsay on Twitter
    Last edited by whitney777; 08-23-2012, 07:39 PM.
Working...
X