Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No. 18 banned in Colorado school

This is crazy..
    ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos tight end Joel Dreessen says he isn't bothered by the Greeley school district's ban on his jersey number and others because they're associated with local gangs.

The district bans 13, 14 and 18 and their reverse, 31, 41 and 81. Dreessen wears 81.

The rule is three years old but made headlines this week after a third-grader wearing Peyton Manning's No. 18 was sent home to change.

Dreessen said Thursday the ban doesn't bother him if it prevents trouble.

Eighteen is in the name of the 18th Street gang, while 13 and 14 are associated with other gangs but not used in their names.
    Colorado third-grader sent home to change after wearing Peyton Manning jersey with banned No. 18 - ESPN
    U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
    Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
    Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Sending a 3rd grader home from school? Banning jerseys? whats next telling our kids how to cut their hair....How many teeth they can have.....Why cant the schools just teach our kids? Sad statement on how our schools view the kids.
    Always looking for Gary Carter, Carlton Fisk, Nolan Ryan, Yogi Berra.

Comment

thats pretty crapy honestly saw that on espy and thats just sad all together. its a 3rd grader really??? really?? its a 3rd grader he's not a bad kid it looks like. he should be able to wear it until something actually bad happens

Comment

Those Colorado gangs must be scary. Don't want them to recruit those 3rd graders
        Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
        Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
        Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
        Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by JesRey View Post
          Those Colorado gangs must be scary. Don't want them to recruit those 3rd graders
          You live in LA, right? I would think you'd understand that gangs DO recruit kids that young. Here in Little Rock Metro, gangs are in the elementary schools. Kids aren't allowed to bring backpacks to school and are screened upon entering the building.

And, unfortunately, Arkansas passed a law for dress code and personal appearance 2 years ago in an effort to increase safety. No longer can children wear baggy shorts, multiple piercings or have colored hair. Now I understand that Arkansas is a bit extreme because my 5th grade son's student handbook states that; 1)Smoking is prohibited on the bus. Students must exit the bus if they wish to smoke, and 2) Students are not allowed to bring their children to school or take them on the bus. Before you laugh, I called, it was not a typo. They are dead serious.

Not allowing kids to wear certain things may sound extreme, but if it helps keep them safer, then why not? In this day and age, all of the distractions make a good education impossible for many.

Comment

Working...
          X