LeSean McCoy Says Replacement Ref Told Him ‘I Need You For My Fantasy Team’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeSean McCoy Says Replacement Ref Told Him ‘I Need You For My Fantasy Team’

LeSean McCoy Says Replacement Ref Told Him ‘I Need You For My Fantasy Team’ « CBS Philly

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – There were no real disasters with replacement officials during the first week of the NFL season, and that was seen as something of a success for the league. The second week … not so much.

The Eagles vs. Ravens game highlighted a less than stellar week for the replacements, full of blown calls and extended delays.

To make matters worse, it seems like the players don’t respect the replacement referees.

“During the game, they made like a bad call or something, the ref, and I see Ray Lewis like pump his chest up, trying to scare him,” LeSean McCoy told 94WIP’s Anthony Gargano and Ike Reese on the 94WIP Player’s Lounge on Monday. “Don’t you know [the ref] started stuttering? I’m like ‘what’s this?!’”

The NFL removed one referee this weekend when it was discovered that the replacement official was a New Orleans Saints fan, and had pictures of himself in Saints gear on his Facebook page.

“They’re like fans, kind of though,” McCoy said. “I’ll be honest, they’re like fans. One of the refs was talking about his fantasy team, like ‘McCoy, come on, I need you for my fantasy,’ ahhh, what?!”
    ---
    These replacement refs are a joke.

Goodell needs to get his act together quickley!
    http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

After last nights game I would be suprised if something isnt done soon..
      U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
      http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
      Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
      Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

I heard this and it's weird, but I would assume the ref was just making small talk and being honest. As bad as the refs have been, I put all of the blame on the league. The rule system is vast and complex. It's up to the NFL to teach the refs and get them up to speed. From their backgrounds, it will be common to be somewhat in awe and have to make huge adjustments due to the speed and athleticism of the players. I'm sure they studied the rules and worked hard, but this is a system failure. The league should take full responsibility for all errors by these refs.
        Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Working...
        X