Jimmy Haslam approved as Browns owner, president Mike Holmgren could be out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Haslam approved as Browns owner, president Mike Holmgren could be out

The league announced Tuesday that Jimmy Halsam has been formally approved as the Browns' owner. The Browns' sale to Haslam, a Tennessee businessman, took place in August but was subject to approval of the other owners, which came today at the league meetings in a unanimous vote.

And now, according to an ESPN report, Haslem is expected to name Joe Banner CEO and president of the Browns, and Mike Holmgren, the the current team president, will leave the organization within 24 hours.

If Holmgren is relieved of his duties it won't come as a surprise. In August, CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora pointed out that Banner, the former Eagles' president, would join Haslam in Cleveland. And while it wasn't a sure thing that Banner would reprise that role with the Browns. Holmgren's job could still be in jeopardy.

And now that Haslem has been warmly welcomed into the fraternity of NFL owners, that appears to be what will happen.

"He's a guy who's committed to doing things right," NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said of Haslem's approval. "He wants to make sure that the Cleveland Browns are represented the right way, that they're going to have a winning franchise and that they're a big part of the community. That's great news for the fans."

But not so great news for Holmgren.

By Ryan Wilson
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Congrats to all Browns fans for the great news.

Comment

SEE YA, RANDY! Please let the door hit you square in the ass on the way out.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
      Johnson/Mears/
      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Browns maybe looking to improve now!
        http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Working...
        X