X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Tebow Trademarks "Tebowing"

Jets' Tebow gets trademark on 'Tebowing' - Yahoo! Sports

OMG. LOL!

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) -- Dropping to a knee like Tim Tebow might cost you now.

The New York Jets backup quarterback has officially trademarked ''Tebowing,'' the move in which he goes down on one knee and holds a clenched fist against his forehead while praying during games. After Tebow led the Denver Broncos to a handful of fourth-quarter comeback victories last season, ''Tebowing'' swept the country - with actor Robert Downey Jr. even doing it at the Oscars.

Newsday first reported that the trademark was approved last week after paperwork was filed in April.

Tebow says Friday he wasn't aware the trademark was official yet. The devout Christian says his representatives filed on his behalf not for financial gain, but ''to just control how it's used, make sure it's used in the right way.''

Thats lame!!
    U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
    Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
    Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Its kind of lame but I can see his point. People were taking his display of faith and mocking it. It's really no different than the Four Horseman, The Rock or Diamond Dallas Page trademarking their signature moves, gestures or phrases.

I think it was Jay-Z that got sued by Diamond Dallas Page for unlawfully using the DDP gesture and lost.

Comment

It's not about the money? How many times has an athlete said that before? On a side not, Tebow still stinks. He should play rb full-time.
        Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Working...
        X