Jonathan Vilma activated by Saints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonathan Vilma activated by Saints

Earlier this week, Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma, who has been on the physically unable to perform list, said he would be ready to play Sunday. The Saints announced Saturday that Vilma has been added to the active roster, meaning he possibly will play Sunday versus the Buccaneers.

Receiver Greg Camarillo was cut to make room for Vilma.

"I'm feeling good, feeling good," Vilma said earlier this week. "I know that the media hasn't seen much of me for a while, but I've actually been working out, working hard, training hard so I can get to this point to be able to give our team a chance to win in Tampa Bay."

Although NFL commissioner Roger Goodell suspended Vilma for the entire season for his role in the Saints alleged bounty program, that punishment is currently on appeal, letting Vilma play if his balky knee allows it. The appeal has been moved to Oct. 30 after Goodell handed the case over to former commissioner Paul Tagliabue, so Vilma potentially could play the next two weeks.

It's unclear where Vilma would play if he's active. Curtis Lofton, acquired in the offseason, leads the team in tackles from the middle linebacker position that Vilma used to hold, but coaches have said Vilma could play in any of the linebacker roles.

By Josh Katzowitz
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets
Working...
X