Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Guy is a HOFer in my book!

"The best punter I've ever known." -John Madden

Ray Guy is a member of the NFL's 75th Anniversary Team. There's an award named after him given to the top collegiate punter each year. And he's a 5x HOFer:

Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame (Inducted in 1994)

Georgia Sports Hall of Fame (Inducted in 1997)

National High School Hall of Fame (Inducted in 2004)

College Football Hall of Fame (Inducted in 2004)

Bay Area Sports Hall of Fame (Inducted in 2008)

Unfortunately... he's still waiting for the call from Canton. At this point in the game, his only hope is the senior selection committee. And things don't look good for Mr. Guy... which is sad, because he's a 7x Pro Bowler, 3x All-Pro, and a 3x Super Bowl Champion.

My opinion won't influence anyone with the ability to make a difference, but I just wanted all of you to know that Ray Guy is a HOFer in my book.

What are your thoughts on punters in the Pro Football Hall of Fame?

Happy Monday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

He for sure needs to be voted in.
    http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

The idea that a man who was the best at his position ever is NOT in the Hall of Fame is embarrassing.
      Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
      Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
      Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Glad to see that I'm not alone!

Originally posted by tndcollectables View Post
        He for sure needs to be voted in.
        Originally posted by ucffans View Post
        The idea that a man who was the best at his position ever is NOT in the Hall of Fame is embarrassing.
        Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X