Giants sign RBs Kregg Lumpkin, Ryan Torain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants sign RBs Kregg Lumpkin, Ryan Torain

The Giants restocked their depleted depth chart at running back by signing free agents Ryan Torain and Kregg Lumpkin on Tuesday. The Giants were down to two healthy running backs after Andre Brown was placed on short-term IR with a broken fibula. The Giants also released OL Selvish Capers, who was promoted from the practice squad a week ago.

Lumpkin (5-foot-11, 228 pounds) previously played with the Packers, Buccaneers and, most recently, the Seahawks, who waived him in September. The former undrafted rookie had 41 receptions for 291 yards with Tampa Bay last year. He was a teammates of former Giants RB D.J. Ware at Georgia.

Torain (6-1, 220) played two seasons with the Washington Redskins after entering the NFL as a fifth-round pick of the Denver Broncos in 2008. The former Arizona State back rushed for 942 yards and five touchdowns on 228 carries with the Redskins, whom the Giants will play Monday.

FB Joe Martinek was released from the practice squad.

By Alex Raskin | CBSSports.com
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Torain, if healthy, can be a great pickup here.
    http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Working...
    X