Lions DT Ndamukong Suh fined $30K, says kick to groin was accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lions DT Ndamukong Suh fined $30K, says kick to groin was accident

The NFL chose not to suspend defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh for his Thanksgiving Day kick to the groin of Texans quarterback Matt Schaub but Suh didn't escape without punishment: CBSSports.com's Mike Freeman reports that Suh was fined $30,000.

Suh, who spoke to reporters Wednesday for the first time since the incident, has no plans to apologize to Schaub.

"It's a crazy play," Suh said via MLive.com. "It's one that unfortunately happened. I didn't even realize until the end of the game and I see my Twitter feed, I have my friends tell me about it. Other than that, I can't do much more about it. I was being dragged to the ground and my foot inadvertently hit the man. It's over with. I'm moving forward, getting ready to play the Colts. ...

"I think I'm always going to be punished in some form or fashion for last Thanksgiving," he continued. "I apologize for it, and I'm going to continue to apologize for it. It's something that happened, a mistake that I've made. I'm living up to it and continuing to move past it."

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell admitted that it was hard to determine intent and that, ultimately, is why Suh wasn't suspended.

"Intent is something that is very difficult for us to ever try to make a judgment on," Goodell told reporters Tuesday according to the Associated Press.

Earlier Tuesday, Lions coach Jim Schwartz said that he didn't expect Suh to be suspended.

“I wasn't at all surprised that it didn't warrant any kind of suspension or anything,” he said during a radio appearance. “Ndamukong, I think, has done an outstanding job of staying free of penalties this year. I think he's had one offside penalty the whole year. I think that's been very commendable on his part. And there's going to be a camera on him every single play. That's just life in the city when you're a player of his profile. And when that happens, there's going to be all kinds of things that people can interpret any way they want. I think that was one of those situations.”

By Ryan Wilson
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Suh also said he was just "trying to remove himself from the situation" when he performed the stomp

Comment

Don't people usually say sorry after an accident?
      http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

This guy just doesn't get it and will never learn. A 6 game suspension without pay might smarten him up pretty fast.

Comment

Working...
        X