14 playoff team, reduce Pre-season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 playoff team, reduce Pre-season

The NFL is looking at some different options. One is to expand to 14 teams which would add 1 playoff team to each conference and only provide 1 bye. In the situation where the 2008 Patriots missed the playoffs at 11-5, I can see. However, when 7-9 teams start making the playoffs this is a problem.

As far as preseason, I wonder why they don't make the first 2 preseason games for rookies and free agents only? Let this be the time for the players trying to make the roster shine. The starters can practice and get ready for the season, but only play the last 2 pre-season games. They don't have to worry about getting injured in the first two games. It seems pretty logical to me, doesn't it??
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Agree totally...look at last year 8-8super bowl champ?

LOOKIN FOR VACCARO CHROME COLOR AUTOS!!!!

FINDERs FEE OFFERED for Red and Gold Autos!!!!( eBay doesn't count)

http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/Danduhman113/library/

Comment

I'm all for more playoff teams. Makes no difference to me if a team is 11-5 or 7-9....either way, they gotta knock off four straight good teams to win the title.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
      Johnson/Mears/
      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
        I'm all for more playoff teams. Makes no difference to me if a team is 11-5 or 7-9....either way, they gotta knock off four straight good teams to win the title.
        Yes, let's water the playoffs down by letting teams like the Browns in

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
          Yes, let's water the playoffs down by letting teams like the Browns in

HELLLLLLLLLL YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Best idea you've ever had.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
          Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
          Johnson/Mears/
          Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

I hate the idea of additional playoff teams. The NFL will soon be like the NBA.
            Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Working...
            X