Beanie Wells looking to audition for 'the 31 other teams that's watching'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beanie Wells looking to audition for 'the 31 other teams that's watching'

After another disappointing season in which he averaged 2.7 yards per carry but still managed five touchdowns in eight games, Cardinals running back Beanie Wells is looking to the future -- a future that doesn't include Arizona.

That's why he's looking at Sunday's season finale against the 49ers as an audition for the rest of the league.

“That's my mind-set,” Wells said, via the Arizona Republic. “I'm just going to go out there and put my best foot forward for all the 31 other teams that's watching.”

Oh, so you're pretty much gone from Arizona after this year, huh?

“Oh, without a doubt,” he said. “It's inevitable.”

Wells was benched last week against the Bears after his lost fumble led to a returned touchdown for Chicago (he only carried the ball four times for three yards). That followed another injury-plagued season in which he was affected by a bum knee and turf toe (he was on the IR list with a designation to return).

If the club picks up his option, Wells would be owed slightly more than $1.1 million for 2013 before he becomes a free agent. The chances of that happening, though, appear awfully slim.

“You never expect things to unfold the way they do, but it's a part of life and you have to roll with the punches and adjust to them as they come,” Wells said. “This is a performance-based business , and I don't know if I've done things up to our organization's standards here. Maybe it's a discussion that we'll have later on, but who knows?”

By Josh Katzowitz
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Hope his team mates feel same way and block for him or he is not running anywhere on the 49ers D
    http://photobucket.com/trades_bucket
    Collecting Panthers and Lots more

Comment

As a former man in charge , if I found out an employee was quitting, from sources other than the employee himself, he/she was taken off the work schedule.

I say dont play Beanie Wells for the final game of the season and see how that "audition" works out for him!
      Last edited by jwgreen68; 12-27-2012, 12:47 PM.

Comment

When he is on the bench he will be auditioning......
        http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Working...
        X