Report: Vikings looking to trade Harvin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Vikings looking to trade Harvin

Mike Max of WCCO Radio reported this weekend that the Vikings are actively pursuing a trade for wide receiver Percy Harvin.

According to the report, the reason the Vikings put Harvin on injured reserve while he was healing from an ankle injury was related to a meltdown Harvin had that was directed toward head coach Leslie Frazier in the presence of several players.

Sources said that teammates didn’t take well to Harvin’s blow-up at Frazier, which was similar to an episode Harvin had with former head coach Brad Childress. As a result, the report claims, the Vikings are looking to trade Harvin while his trade value is high.

Harvin is under contract for one more season and there has been speculation that, if the Vikings were looking to trade Harvin, any potential trade would likely have to come prior to this year’s draft.

Vikings general manager Rick Spielman was vague about Harvin’s status on Friday. Asked about Harvin’s contract status, Spielman declined to get into specifics.

“I’m not going to say what’s going to happen this offseason because he is going into the last year of his contract,” Spielman said in an interview with KFAN radio. “But right now, where we’re at, Percy Harvin is a member of this football team and he is a very good football player. We don’t like to get rid of good football players.”

“We love Percy Harvin as a football player. Everybody sees what he does for our football team.”

Harvin’s salary for 2013, the last of his of his rookie deal, nearly doubled for 2013 – to $2.9 million – because of incentives he met in 2012. Despite missing the final seven games of the season after injuring his ankle, he had 62 catches for 677 yards and was being talked about as a potential MVP candidate midway through the season.

Spielman defended the decision to place Harvin on injured reserve.

“Percy is a very good football player. I think the issue was we weren’t seeing the progress we needed to see (in the ankle), and when we made that decision to put Percy on IR, it was for his benefit down the road. He’s still a young player,” Spielman said. “We felt we didn’t want to put him out there to further any damage or risk to potentially have any long-term issues with his ankles. We did what was best for Percy Harvin at the time. I know Percy was very frustrated from the fact that his ankle wasn’t coming around
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
    I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Citing "sources," Max reports that Harvin unleashed an "embarrassing" tirade on coach Leslie Frazier during the season, and the episode not only alienated coaches but Harvin's teammates, as well. The sides now appear headed for divorce, even if the Vikings deny it vehemently so as to avoid losing trade leverage. Harvin had a similar incident with ex-Vikings coach Brad Childress. Although acquiring a first-rounder for Harvin may prove too difficult, Minnesota figures to ask for at least a second-rounder and some change.

Source: CBS Minnesota
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

I hope they don't trade him unless they get something good.
      http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

it is my ****** vikings, they will dump him no matter how decent a player he is
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
        I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Comment

I hope he gets traded to Dallas or AZ I love Harvins!
          U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
          http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
          Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
          Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

I can see New England letting Welker go and go after Harvin.

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

An NFL executive tells NFL.com's Ian Rapoport he would be "shocked" if the Vikings netted better than a third-round pick for Percy Harvin.
              Then the Vikings should keep him. The executive apparently believes the pricey extension Harvin will command — including perhaps in excess of $30 million guaranteed — will depress his value. Harvin's character and health concerns are also working against the Vikings. It wouldn't be shocking if a team enamored with Harvin's talent took the plunge and ponied up a second-rounder, but a day-one pick is looking like a pipe dream for GM Rick Spielman.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
              Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

The 49ers might jump in there with the late 1st rounder.

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Yeah I'm seeing the hype on the web about the 49ers having the best chance at him...damn Houston needs another good WR but the cap is killing them.
                  Have a collectible day! Looking for Texans, Oilers(Not Titans), DeAndre Hopkins, USFL Gamblers, and Nolan Ryan cards.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X